About Alabama A&M University :
Alabama A&M University (AAMU), an 1890 Land-Grant institution located in the high-tech center of Huntsville in northern Alabama, invites applications for the positions listed below. Situated in the northeast quadrant of the city of 200,000, the hillside campus is just four miles away from downtown Huntsville. AAMU offers its 5,500-student population a wide range of course offerings under the College of Agriculture, Life and Natural Sciences; College of Business and Public Affairs; College of Education, Humanities and Behavioral Sciences and College of Engineering, Technology and Physical Sciences. The School of Graduate Studies serves about 1,400 and offers doctoral degree programs in Applied Physics, Food Science, Plant/Soil Science and Reading/Literacy.
The position will be responsible for developing a nationally recognized research and teaching program on geospatial analysis, modeling, and use of remote sensing in natural resource management. This position is a 9-month, tenure-track position at the rank of Associate/Assistant Professor with 50% research, 40% teaching and 10% services responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate courses in geospatial analysis (remote sensing/GIS/GPS, 2)
- Teach graduate courses in advanced geospatial analysis, quantitative ecological assessments in natural resources using remote sensing and modeling, or a related area.
- Serve as advisor to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Lead and be a part of a nationally recognized, externally funded interdisciplinary research program that advances knowledge about geospatial analysis, remote sensing, and landscape ecology.
- Working collaboratively with other faculty members and representatives of private, governmental, and non-governmental organizations.
- Publish in leading refereed journals and successfully obtain extramural funding.
- Purse informal extension and public service activities, such as interacting with Cooperative Extension staff and government agency personnel.
- Serve on campus committees and professional organizations.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- An earned Ph.D.in a geospatial analysis and remote sensing (e.g., LiDAR, satellite imagery, and photogrammetry) as they apply to natural resource management, landscape ecology, earth sciences, or closely related field.
- Proficiency with spatial analysis (e.g., ArcGIS), image analysis (e.g., ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, and TerrSet) and statistical software.
- Teaching experience in GIS and remote sensing, and a demonstrated record establishing a strong record of extramural grant awards, refereed journal publications, and professional leadership at regional, national, or international meetings is preferred.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
Please submit the following documents online
- Employment Application
- Application letter with specific information about disciplinary focus, professional activities and other information relevant to meeting position qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names, Addresses & Telephone numbers of three (3) references
- Copies of selected research publications and course teaching evaluations
- Copies of academic transcripts
- copies of selected research publications and course teaching evaluations (if applicable)
Already have an AAMU Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.
If any questions regarding the position, please contact Dr. Wubishet Tadesse at email@example.com or 256-372-4252.
Administrative Nurse Iii (Nurse Manager) Patient Logistics (Job Id #80429), University of Illinois, United States, about 14 hours ago
a. Responsible for assisting the Director of Nursing Operations and Nursing Systems in ongoing evaluation of best practice, staff competencies, and implementation of best practice measures to ensu...
Extra Help Administrative Nurse Iii (Nurse Manager) Patient Logistics (Job Id #80433), University of Illinois, United States, about 14 hours ago
~~a. Responsible for assisting the Director of Nursing Operations and Nursing Systems in ongoing evaluation of best practice, staff competencies, and implementation of best practice measures to en...
Assistant Professor Computer Science, Texas A&M University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Assistant Professor - Computer Science Posting Title Assistant Professor - Computer Science System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSIT...
Senior It Professional I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Senior IT Professional I Posting Title Senior IT Professional I System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department DEAN OF ...
Dual Credit History Instructor, Texas A&M University, United States, 20 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Dual Credit History Instructor Posting Title Dual Credit History Instructor System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY - COMMERCE (TA...
Coordinator Of Online Services, Texas A&M University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Coordinator of Online Services Posting Title Coordinator of Online Services System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M FOUNDATION Department TEX...