About Alabama A&M University :
Alabama A&M University (AAMU), an 1890 Land-Grant institution located in the high-tech center of Huntsville in northern Alabama, invites applications for the positions listed below. Situated in the northeast quadrant of the city of 200,000, the hillside campus is just four miles away from downtown Huntsville. AAMU offers its 5,500-student population a wide range of course offerings under the College of Agriculture, Life and Natural Sciences; College of Business and Public Affairs; College of Education, Humanities and Behavioral Sciences and College of Engineering, Technology and Physical Sciences. The School of Graduate Studies serves about 1,400 and offers doctoral degree programs in Applied Physics, Food Science, Plant/Soil Science and Reading/Literacy.
The position will be responsible for developing a nationally recognized research and teaching program on geospatial analysis, modeling, and use of remote sensing in natural resource management. This position is a 9-month, tenure-track position at the rank of Associate/Assistant Professor with 50% research, 40% teaching and 10% services responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate courses in geospatial analysis (remote sensing/GIS/GPS, 2)
- Teach graduate courses in advanced geospatial analysis, quantitative ecological assessments in natural resources using remote sensing and modeling, or a related area.
- Serve as advisor to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Lead and be a part of a nationally recognized, externally funded interdisciplinary research program that advances knowledge about geospatial analysis, remote sensing, and landscape ecology.
- Working collaboratively with other faculty members and representatives of private, governmental, and non-governmental organizations.
- Publish in leading refereed journals and successfully obtain extramural funding.
- Purse informal extension and public service activities, such as interacting with Cooperative Extension staff and government agency personnel.
- Serve on campus committees and professional organizations.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- An earned Ph.D.in a geospatial analysis and remote sensing (e.g., LiDAR, satellite imagery, and photogrammetry) as they apply to natural resource management, landscape ecology, earth sciences, or closely related field.
- Proficiency with spatial analysis (e.g., ArcGIS), image analysis (e.g., ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, and TerrSet) and statistical software.
- Teaching experience in GIS and remote sensing, and a demonstrated record establishing a strong record of extramural grant awards, refereed journal publications, and professional leadership at regional, national, or international meetings is preferred.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
Please submit the following documents online
- Employment Application
- Application letter with specific information about disciplinary focus, professional activities and other information relevant to meeting position qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names, Addresses & Telephone numbers of three (3) references
- Copies of selected research publications and course teaching evaluations
- Copies of academic transcripts
- copies of selected research publications and course teaching evaluations (if applicable)
Already have an AAMU Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.
If any questions regarding the position, please contact Dr. Wubishet Tadesse at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-372-4252.
Geographic Information Systems (Gis) Analyst, Grade O 3/4 (Non Supervisory Billet) U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services, University of Washington, United States, about 1 hour ago
Description: Closing Date: 27 Mar 2017 This position meets Criteria 3: Assignment requires individual to be available for rapid deployment – domestic or international – at the direction of the age...
Assistant/Associate Professor Of Mathematics, Texas A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics Posting Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A...
Communications Coordinator, Texas A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Communications Coordinator Posting Title Communications Coordinator System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department TEXA...
Assistant/Associate Professor Of Nursing 2 Positions Tenure Track, Texas A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing - 2 Positions - Tenure Track Posting Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing - 2 Positions -Tenu...
Research, M&E, And Project Manager Jacaranda Health, University of Washington, United States, about 1 hour ago
Description: About Jacaranda Health Jacaranda is designing the future of maternity care for the patients who need it most. Jacaranda Health aims to change the way maternal healthcare is provided b...
Adjunct Professor Of Biostatistics, New England HERC, United States, 27 days ago
The Departments of Business Administration and Economics, Nursing and Health Sciences at Worcester State University are seeking an outstanding adjunct faculty member to teach graduate biostatistic...