PLEASE NOTE: This will be an international position, based in Mumbai, India, and employed by Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India an affiliate of Harvard University or by another affiliate of Harvard University.
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (SPH), global leader in public health research and education, is looking for an Assistant Director to lead its newly opened India Research Center (IRC) located in Mumbai, India. The overarching mission of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is to advance the public's health through learning, discovery, and communication. The India Research Center has three Foci: Research, Training, and Translation and Communication. The Center, established with the support from extraordinary generosity of leaders in India, is housed in Lower Parel, Mumbai with almost 4,000 square feet of space for office, classroom and conference space.
The Assistant Director will provide lead support for the Center's programs that include research, training and translation and communication. S/he will assist in implementing strategic goals for the Center as formulated by the Director and other faculty members. The Assistant Director also serves as liaison between the Director and local public health leadership and key stakeholders, provides leadership in the overall management and direction of the Center, ensures the development and monitoring of effective processes and systems for effective communication between the Center and SPH offices in Boston, and serves as a point-of-contact for SPH departments.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Contributes to policy development and to the overall strategic planning for the Center in coordination with the Director and
the SPH faculty.
2. Serves as a Key liaison between the Director and members of the IRC Advisory Council.
3. Oversees the implementation of research studies.
4. Provides leadership for intervention and evaluation activities to ensure that these activities are conducted according
5. Contributes substantively to the conceptualization and writing of grant applications.
6. Conceptualizes, organizes and oversees training workshops in collaboration with SPH IRC Director and faculty
7. Liaises and maintains collaborative relationships and partnerships with other Harvard affiliated offices, centers and
partners in India.
8. Presents Center's research to external groups and key stakeholders and at local conferences.
9. Recruits, hires, trains and supervises staff.
10. Oversees the fiscal management of the Center's projects and initiatives.
11. Develops operational plans and communicates regularly with Director in Boston.
12. As needed, be comfortable with interacting with local media to market and advocate for the SPH IRC.
13. Works with the SPH Office of Development to assist/coordinate fundraising activities.
14. Will liaise with other SPH administrative staff based in Boston.
15. Will be located in India and travel to Boston, US as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 2 years from date of hire, with strong possibility of renewal.
Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India offers an outstanding Global Benefits package including:
- Health Care Coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision, offered as a package. Coverage begins as of your start date.
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Center Administrator, College Of Arts & Sciences, Physics, Boston University, United States, 24 days ago
CENTER ADMINISTRATOR, College of Arts & Sciences, Physics Tracking Code 4737/F2617 Job Description Manage all day-to-day operations of the Center for Polymer Studies (Center) including organizatio...
Director, Advanced Graduate Endodontics, Harvard University, United States, 3 days ago
Details Title Director, Advanced Graduate Endodontics School Harvard School of Dental Medicine Department/Area Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials Sciences Position Description The Department o...
Administrative Coordinator, Center For Teaching & Learning, Boston University, United States, 3 days ago
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR, Center for Teaching & Learning Tracking Code 4742/F2617 Job Description Provide high-level support to the Centers faculty and programs, which promote teaching excellenc...
Bioinformatics Research Associate, Harvard University, United States, 3 days ago
Details Title Bioinformatics Research Associate School Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Department/Area Position Description The Huttenhower lab in the Department of Biostatistics at the ...
Assistant Manager Of Facilities, Athletics, Case Center Management, Boston University, United States, 3 days ago
ASSISTANT MANAGER OF FACILITIES, Athletics, Case Center Management Tracking Code 4736/F3017 Job Description This position is responsible for assisting in operations of all home games to provide a ...
Lecturer, Part Time, Harvard University, United States, 3 days ago
Details Title Lecturer, Part-time School Harvard School of Dental Medicine Department/Area Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials Sciences Position Description The Department of Restorative Dentis...