PLEASE NOTE: This will be an international position, based in Mumbai, India, and employed by Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India an affiliate of Harvard University or by another affiliate of Harvard University.
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (SPH), global leader in public health research and education, is looking for an Assistant Director to lead its newly opened India Research Center (IRC) located in Mumbai, India. The overarching mission of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is to advance the public's health through learning, discovery, and communication. The India Research Center has three Foci: Research, Training, and Translation and Communication. The Center, established with the support from extraordinary generosity of leaders in India, is housed in Lower Parel, Mumbai with almost 4,000 square feet of space for office, classroom and conference space.
The Assistant Director will provide lead support for the Center's programs that include research, training and translation and communication. S/he will assist in implementing strategic goals for the Center as formulated by the Director and other faculty members. The Assistant Director also serves as liaison between the Director and local public health leadership and key stakeholders, provides leadership in the overall management and direction of the Center, ensures the development and monitoring of effective processes and systems for effective communication between the Center and SPH offices in Boston, and serves as a point-of-contact for SPH departments.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Contributes to policy development and to the overall strategic planning for the Center in coordination with the Director and
the SPH faculty.
2. Serves as a Key liaison between the Director and members of the IRC Advisory Council.
3. Oversees the implementation of research studies.
4. Provides leadership for intervention and evaluation activities to ensure that these activities are conducted according
5. Contributes substantively to the conceptualization and writing of grant applications.
6. Conceptualizes, organizes and oversees training workshops in collaboration with SPH IRC Director and faculty
7. Liaises and maintains collaborative relationships and partnerships with other Harvard affiliated offices, centers and
partners in India.
8. Presents Center's research to external groups and key stakeholders and at local conferences.
9. Recruits, hires, trains and supervises staff.
10. Oversees the fiscal management of the Center's projects and initiatives.
11. Develops operational plans and communicates regularly with Director in Boston.
12. As needed, be comfortable with interacting with local media to market and advocate for the SPH IRC.
13. Works with the SPH Office of Development to assist/coordinate fundraising activities.
14. Will liaise with other SPH administrative staff based in Boston.
15. Will be located in India and travel to Boston, US as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 2 years from date of hire, with strong possibility of renewal.
Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India offers an outstanding Global Benefits package including:
- Health Care Coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision, offered as a package. Coverage begins as of your start date.
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Udn Project Manager, Harvard University, United States, 11 days ago
Auto req ID 41543BR Business Title UDN Project Manager School/Unit Harvard Medical School Sub-Unit ------------ Location USA - MA - Boston Job Function General Administration Time Status Fu...
Coordinator Of Affiliate Services, Harvard University, United States, 8 days ago
Auto req ID 41433BR Business Title Coordinator of Affiliate Services School/Unit Faculty of Arts and Sciences Sub-Unit ------------ Location USA - MA - Cambridge Job Function General Adminis...
Staff And Fellows Assistant (Staff Assistant Iii), Harvard University, United States, 12 days ago
Auto req ID 41434BR Business Title Staff and Fellows Assistant (Staff Assistant III) School/Unit Harvard Kennedy School Sub-Unit ------------ Location USA - MA - Cambridge Job Function Gener...
Staff Assistant Iii (Communications Assistant), Harvard University, United States, 20 days ago
Auto req ID 41358BR Business Title Staff Assistant III (Communications Assistant) School/Unit Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Sub-Unit ------------ Location USA - MA - Boston Job Fu...
Communications Coordinator, Harvard University, United States, 21 days ago
Auto req ID 41422BR Business Title Communications Coordinator School/Unit Harvard Graduate School of Education Sub-Unit ------------ Location USA - MA - Cambridge Job Function General Admini...
Research Data Manager, Med School Of Medicine, Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, United States, 13 days ago
RESEARCH DATA MANAGER, MED School of Medicine, Slone Epidemiology Center Tracking Code 8642/L2316 Job Description The Slone Epidemiology Center, a multi-disciplinary research center, is seeking an...