|Assistant Director, India Research Center|
|Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health|
|Standard 9am-5pm Monday through Friday|
|Harvard Global/Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary|
| PLEASE NOTE: This will be an international position, based in Mumbai, India, and employed by Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India an affiliate of Harvard University or by another affiliate of Harvard University.|
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (SPH), global leader in public health research and education, is looking for an Assistant Director to lead its newly opened India Research Center (IRC) located in Mumbai, India. The overarching mission of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is to advance the public’s health through learning, discovery, and communication. The India Research Center has three Foci: Research, Training, and Translation and Communication. The Center, established with the support from extraordinary generosity of leaders in India, is housed in Lower Parel, Mumbai with almost 4,000 square feet of space for office, classroom and conference space.
The Assistant Director will provide lead support for the Center’s programs that include research, training and translation and communication. S/he will assist in implementing strategic goals for the Center as formulated by the Director and other faculty members. The Assistant Director also serves as liaison between the Director and local public health leadership and key stakeholders, provides leadership in the overall management and direction of the Center, ensures the development and monitoring of effective processes and systems for effective communication between the Center and SPH offices in Boston, and serves as a point-of-contact for SPH departments.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Contributes to policy development and to the overall strategic planning for the Center in coordination with the Director and
the SPH faculty.
2. Serves as a Key liaison between the Director and members of the IRC Advisory Council.
3. Oversees the implementation of research studies.
4. Provides leadership for intervention and evaluation activities to ensure that these activities are conducted according
5. Contributes substantively to the conceptualization and writing of grant applications.
6. Conceptualizes, organizes and oversees training workshops in collaboration with SPH IRC Director and faculty
7. Liaises and maintains collaborative relationships and partnerships with other Harvard affiliated offices, centers and
partners in India.
8. Presents Center’s research to external groups and key stakeholders and at local conferences.
9. Recruits, hires, trains and supervises staff.
10. Oversees the fiscal management of the Center’s projects and initiatives.
11. Develops operational plans and communicates regularly with Director in Boston.
12. As needed, be comfortable with interacting with local media to market and advocate for the SPH IRC.
13. Works with the SPH Office of Development to assist/coordinate fundraising activities.
14. Will liaise with other SPH administrative staff based in Boston.
15. Will be located in India and travel to Boston, US as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 2 years from date of hire, with strong possibility of renewal.
| - Bachelor's Degree required.|
-5+ years of related experience required, with 2+ of those years in public health, health care, or closely related field required.
| -Masters degree in public health or social science strongly preferred.|
-Experience with strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and financial management preferred.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
-Highly organized and detail oriented preferred.
-Experience working with very little supervision preferred.
| Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India offers an outstanding Global Benefits package including:|
- Health Care Coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision, offered as a package. Coverage begins as of your start date.
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
|We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.|
Research Program Manager, Johns Hopkins University, United States, 26 days ago
General Description Department: Allergies and Infectious Monday-Friday 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m. 37.5 hrs. The Center for Clinical Global Health Education/Division of Infectious Diseases (ID) is seeking ...
Associate Staff Engineer, Johns Hopkins University, United States, 10 days ago
General Description An associate staff engineer position is available at the Center for Bioengineering Innovation and Design (CBID) at Johns Hopkins University. The candidate will develop, impleme...
Associate Professor And Academic Development Officer, Northumbria University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Associate Professor and Academic Development Officer Academic Registry Ref: ARG16/07 Salary: £49,772 - £57,674 Northumbria University, Newcastle is a research-rich, business focussed, professional...
Unsw Business School India & Sri Lanka Scholarship Ugce1282, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 23/01/2017 Closing Date 30/05/2017 For commencement Semester 2 2017 Value $20,000 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Internationa...
Karthikeyan Bhargavan : Inria–French Académie Des Sciences Young Researcher Award , Inria, France, 10 days ago
At 40 years of age, Karthikeyan Bhargavan can take pride in having gained recognition from his peers. This specialist in data security on the Internet has been awarded European Research Council (E...
Medical Affairs, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 13 days ago
Summary of Essential Job Duties: Reporting to the Director of the Center for Healthcare Ethics, the incumbent provides assistance to the Director in organizing and implementing Center programming ...