|Assistant Director, India Research Center|
|Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health|
|Standard 9am-5pm Monday through Friday|
|Harvard Global/Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary|
| PLEASE NOTE: This will be an international position, based in Mumbai, India, and employed by Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India an affiliate of Harvard University or by another affiliate of Harvard University.|
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (SPH), global leader in public health research and education, is looking for an Assistant Director to lead its newly opened India Research Center (IRC) located in Mumbai, India. The overarching mission of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is to advance the public’s health through learning, discovery, and communication. The India Research Center has three Foci: Research, Training, and Translation and Communication. The Center, established with the support from extraordinary generosity of leaders in India, is housed in Lower Parel, Mumbai with almost 4,000 square feet of space for office, classroom and conference space.
The Assistant Director will provide lead support for the Center’s programs that include research, training and translation and communication. S/he will assist in implementing strategic goals for the Center as formulated by the Director and other faculty members. The Assistant Director also serves as liaison between the Director and local public health leadership and key stakeholders, provides leadership in the overall management and direction of the Center, ensures the development and monitoring of effective processes and systems for effective communication between the Center and SPH offices in Boston, and serves as a point-of-contact for SPH departments.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Contributes to policy development and to the overall strategic planning for the Center in coordination with the Director and
the SPH faculty.
2. Serves as a Key liaison between the Director and members of the IRC Advisory Council.
3. Oversees the implementation of research studies.
4. Provides leadership for intervention and evaluation activities to ensure that these activities are conducted according
5. Contributes substantively to the conceptualization and writing of grant applications.
6. Conceptualizes, organizes and oversees training workshops in collaboration with SPH IRC Director and faculty
7. Liaises and maintains collaborative relationships and partnerships with other Harvard affiliated offices, centers and
partners in India.
8. Presents Center’s research to external groups and key stakeholders and at local conferences.
9. Recruits, hires, trains and supervises staff.
10. Oversees the fiscal management of the Center’s projects and initiatives.
11. Develops operational plans and communicates regularly with Director in Boston.
12. As needed, be comfortable with interacting with local media to market and advocate for the SPH IRC.
13. Works with the SPH Office of Development to assist/coordinate fundraising activities.
14. Will liaise with other SPH administrative staff based in Boston.
15. Will be located in India and travel to Boston, US as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 2 years from date of hire, with strong possibility of renewal.
| - Bachelor's Degree required.|
-5+ years of related experience required, with 2+ of those years in public health, health care, or closely related field required.
| -Masters degree in public health or social science strongly preferred.|
-Experience with strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and financial management preferred.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
-Highly organized and detail oriented preferred.
-Experience working with very little supervision preferred.
| Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India offers an outstanding Global Benefits package including:|
- Health Care Coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision, offered as a package. Coverage begins as of your start date.
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
|We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.|
] Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Or Professor – Tenure Track, , United States, 3 days ago
Duties and Responsibilities The School of Public Health at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans (LSUHSC-N.O.) is seeking applicants for an open rank faculty positio...
Biostatistician, Emory University, United States, 2 days ago
812000:SPH: Biostatistics 73558BR Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Develops and analyzes a variety of research data using statistical methods. Assists researchers in developing appropriate study p...
Associate Director Of The Counseling Center /Student Counseling Manager, Borough of Manhattan Community College, United States, 2 days ago
Associate Director of the Counseling Center /Student Counseling Manager JOB ID #: 17087 ISSUE DATE: 07/11/2017 CLOSING DATE: 08/14/2017 DUTIES: The Counseling Center at BMCC helps students realiz...
Job: Atsu Center Director, A.T. Still University, United States, 24 days ago
Job Description The Director is responsible for organizing regular meetings of Center members, organizing local and national conferences, writing grants. developing policy papers, assisting member...
Coordinator For Outreach, Marketing, And Communications, Marist College, United States, 3 days ago
Brief Summary: The Coordinator for Outreach, Marketing, and Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of a marketing strategy for the Career Center. The Coordinator will...
Visiting Assistant Director Of Research Center For Literacy (Job Id #83100), University of Illinois, United States, 1 day ago
The UIC Center for Literacy conducts research and collaborates with public & private entities towards the formulation and implementation of literacy programs and policies at the local, state, and ...