|Assistant Director, India Research Center|
|Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health|
|Standard 9am-5pm Monday through Friday|
|Harvard Global/Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary|
| PLEASE NOTE: This will be an international position, based in Mumbai, India, and employed by Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India an affiliate of Harvard University or by another affiliate of Harvard University.|
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (SPH), global leader in public health research and education, is looking for an Assistant Director to lead its newly opened India Research Center (IRC) located in Mumbai, India. The overarching mission of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is to advance the public’s health through learning, discovery, and communication. The India Research Center has three Foci: Research, Training, and Translation and Communication. The Center, established with the support from extraordinary generosity of leaders in India, is housed in Lower Parel, Mumbai with almost 4,000 square feet of space for office, classroom and conference space.
The Assistant Director will provide lead support for the Center’s programs that include research, training and translation and communication. S/he will assist in implementing strategic goals for the Center as formulated by the Director and other faculty members. The Assistant Director also serves as liaison between the Director and local public health leadership and key stakeholders, provides leadership in the overall management and direction of the Center, ensures the development and monitoring of effective processes and systems for effective communication between the Center and SPH offices in Boston, and serves as a point-of-contact for SPH departments.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Contributes to policy development and to the overall strategic planning for the Center in coordination with the Director and
the SPH faculty.
2. Serves as a Key liaison between the Director and members of the IRC Advisory Council.
3. Oversees the implementation of research studies.
4. Provides leadership for intervention and evaluation activities to ensure that these activities are conducted according
5. Contributes substantively to the conceptualization and writing of grant applications.
6. Conceptualizes, organizes and oversees training workshops in collaboration with SPH IRC Director and faculty
7. Liaises and maintains collaborative relationships and partnerships with other Harvard affiliated offices, centers and
partners in India.
8. Presents Center’s research to external groups and key stakeholders and at local conferences.
9. Recruits, hires, trains and supervises staff.
10. Oversees the fiscal management of the Center’s projects and initiatives.
11. Develops operational plans and communicates regularly with Director in Boston.
12. As needed, be comfortable with interacting with local media to market and advocate for the SPH IRC.
13. Works with the SPH Office of Development to assist/coordinate fundraising activities.
14. Will liaise with other SPH administrative staff based in Boston.
15. Will be located in India and travel to Boston, US as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 2 years from date of hire, with strong possibility of renewal.
| - Bachelor's Degree required.|
-5+ years of related experience required, with 2+ of those years in public health, health care, or closely related field required.
| -Masters degree in public health or social science strongly preferred.|
-Experience with strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and financial management preferred.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
-Highly organized and detail oriented preferred.
-Experience working with very little supervision preferred.
| Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India offers an outstanding Global Benefits package including:|
- Health Care Coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision, offered as a package. Coverage begins as of your start date.
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
|We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.|
Research Assistant, Johns Hopkins University, United States, 13 days ago
General Description Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases Work Schedule/Hours: Varies//Varies Applicant will work at the Center for Clinical Global Health, Division of Infectious...
Human Neuroimaging In Addiction Research, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 24 hours ago
Center of Alcohol Studies, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey Position Description: The Smithers Prevention Endowment Post-doctoral Fellowship Program offers po...
Administrative Analyst, Senior, Supervisor, University of Carlifornia, United States, 10 days ago
Requisition Number: 25569 Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST, SENIOR, SUPERVISOR Working Title: Director, Alumni Center Management Salary: $4,709 - $9,308 monthly Job Type: Career Department Name: ...
Management Assistant Officer (Faculty Of Law Centre For Banking And Finance Law), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Management Assistant Officer (Faculty of Law - Centre for Banking and Finance Law) - 0059X Description To provide administrative and event support for the programmes of the Centre for Banking & Fi...
Director Of The Shirley Fiterman Art Center, Borough of Manhattan Community College, United States, about 22 hours ago
Director of the Shirley Fiterman Art Center JOB ID #: 16520 ISSUE DATE: 03/15/2017 CLOSING DATE: 04/19/2017 DUTIES: Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC), a nationally recognized leader i...
Associate Director Counseling Center (Clinical Services), Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 13 hours ago
Associate Director- Counseling Center (Clinical Services)( Job Number: 0174648) Description Job Purpose: Oversee and coordinate clinical services of the Counseling Center, provide direct counseli...