|Assistant Director, India Research Center|
|Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health|
|Standard 9am-5pm Monday through Friday|
|Harvard Global/Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary|
| PLEASE NOTE: This will be an international position, based in Mumbai, India, and employed by Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India an affiliate of Harvard University or by another affiliate of Harvard University.|
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (SPH), global leader in public health research and education, is looking for an Assistant Director to lead its newly opened India Research Center (IRC) located in Mumbai, India. The overarching mission of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is to advance the public’s health through learning, discovery, and communication. The India Research Center has three Foci: Research, Training, and Translation and Communication. The Center, established with the support from extraordinary generosity of leaders in India, is housed in Lower Parel, Mumbai with almost 4,000 square feet of space for office, classroom and conference space.
The Assistant Director will provide lead support for the Center’s programs that include research, training and translation and communication. S/he will assist in implementing strategic goals for the Center as formulated by the Director and other faculty members. The Assistant Director also serves as liaison between the Director and local public health leadership and key stakeholders, provides leadership in the overall management and direction of the Center, ensures the development and monitoring of effective processes and systems for effective communication between the Center and SPH offices in Boston, and serves as a point-of-contact for SPH departments.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Contributes to policy development and to the overall strategic planning for the Center in coordination with the Director and
the SPH faculty.
2. Serves as a Key liaison between the Director and members of the IRC Advisory Council.
3. Oversees the implementation of research studies.
4. Provides leadership for intervention and evaluation activities to ensure that these activities are conducted according
5. Contributes substantively to the conceptualization and writing of grant applications.
6. Conceptualizes, organizes and oversees training workshops in collaboration with SPH IRC Director and faculty
7. Liaises and maintains collaborative relationships and partnerships with other Harvard affiliated offices, centers and
partners in India.
8. Presents Center’s research to external groups and key stakeholders and at local conferences.
9. Recruits, hires, trains and supervises staff.
10. Oversees the fiscal management of the Center’s projects and initiatives.
11. Develops operational plans and communicates regularly with Director in Boston.
12. As needed, be comfortable with interacting with local media to market and advocate for the SPH IRC.
13. Works with the SPH Office of Development to assist/coordinate fundraising activities.
14. Will liaise with other SPH administrative staff based in Boston.
15. Will be located in India and travel to Boston, US as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 2 years from date of hire, with strong possibility of renewal.
| - Bachelor's Degree required.|
-5+ years of related experience required, with 2+ of those years in public health, health care, or closely related field required.
| -Masters degree in public health or social science strongly preferred.|
-Experience with strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and financial management preferred.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
-Highly organized and detail oriented preferred.
-Experience working with very little supervision preferred.
| Harvard Global Research Support Centre, India offers an outstanding Global Benefits package including:|
- Health Care Coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision, offered as a package. Coverage begins as of your start date.
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
|We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.|
Enrollment Management Counselor, Arcadia University, United States, about 4 hours ago
This position is focused on the recruitment of undergraduate students, primarily first-year students. The individual manages and implements a recruitment plan for a geographic territory. Recruitme...
Clinical Research Coordinator Ccts (Job Id #79942), University of Illinois, United States, about 17 hours ago
The Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS), Clinical Research Core (CRC) is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator. This position manages and coordinates the timely handling of all ...
Director Of Clinical Research Operations, Ctiu Ccts (Job Id #79031), University of Illinois, United States, 11 days ago
INTERNAL SEARCH The Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS), Clinical Research Center (CRC) is seeking a Director of Clinical Research Operations, Clinical Trial Innovation Unit (CTIU...
Director Program Operations Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, United States, about 3 hours ago
Description: The School of Public Health has an outstanding opportunity for a Director – Program Operations.This full-time position serves as an integral member of an evolving Academic Affairs tea...
Assistant Manager, Service Center, University of Maryland, United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Summary/Purpose of Position: The Department of Residential Facilities provides maintenance, housekeeping and building security services to over 10,000 residents and staff, including the c...
Psychologist (Assessment And Testing), Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 6 hours ago
Psychologist (Assessment and Testing)( Job Number: 0174971) Description Job Purpose: Provide direct counseling services to clients and participate in the training and supervision of practicum stu...