Lecturer in Civil Engineering (Education and Research)
The starting salary will be from £33,943 up to £38,183 on Grade F, depending on qualifications and experience.
Generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pension scheme and relocation package (if applicable).
College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences
We particularly encourage applications from academics with strong connections with industry, business or community partners.
The University of Exeter is a Russell Group university that combines world-class research with very high levels of student satisfaction. Exeter has over 21,000 students from more than 130 different countries and is in the top 1% of universities in the world with 98% of its research rated as being of international quality. Our research focuses on some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today.
As part of an ongoing drive to provide high quality education leading to significant opportunities in the workplace for our students, the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences (CEMPS) is investing in a growing portfolio of degree apprenticeship programmes. These innovative programmes allow students to gain a degree whilst working full-time for an employer, graduating debt free. Degree apprenticeships also enable deeper engagement between the College and key industry partners, with wide-reaching benefits in terms of both education and research.
We encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students. We therefore particularly welcome applications from academic staff with strong connections and funded projects with business and community partners as well as those who are involved in projects which develop impact.
We are currently seeking an industry-engaged Lecturer (Education and Research) in Civil Engineering to contribute to delivery of a new Civil Engineering Site Management degree apprenticeship. This is an innovative, work-based programme developed and delivered in collaboration with industry, launching in September 2017 and taught through a series of intensive residential blocks to full-time employees of our industry partners.
Our Exeter Academic initiative supports high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career.
You will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in Civil Engineering and have an independent, internationally-recognised research programme in a relevant active field of research
- A strong record in attracting funding for research, or demonstrate potential to attract such funding
- Strong links to the Civil Engineering/ Construction industry
- An active approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research
- Enthusiasm for delivering high quality undergraduate programmes, in particular innovative programmes such as degree apprenticeships
- Experience working with non-university partners and generating impact from research.
What we can offer you:
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting research
- Support teams that understand the University wide research and teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development
- A beautiful campus set in the heart of stunning Devon
Please ensure you read our Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role. Please click here .
For further information, please contact Professor Paul Reynolds, Head of Engineering (01392) 725820 or email@example.com .
The department is proud to have a Bronze Athena SWAN award in recognition of their commitment to providing equality of opportunity and advancing the representation of women in STEM/M subjects. All of the University of Exeter's STEM/M departments hold an Athena SWAN award.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.