Knowledge, Skills & Experience for the Role
Level of knowledge and/or educational qualifications required:
• Educated to Degree level
• Experience of working in international markets
• Computer literate
• Familiarity with social media a bonus
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the capability and confidence to lead and motivate colleagues, and build effective and trusting relations
• Willingness to travel to China to meet project partners
• Able to prospect for opportunity aligned to China Institute strategic objectives.
• Problem solving and organizational skills to formulate operational plans, and deal with complex situations, seeking appropriate advice and support when necessary
• Positive and adaptable to change
• Communicate opportunity to internal stakeholders, develop and implement solution
• Consensus building
• Excellent communication skills up and down the line
• Excellent organisation skills, including good time management and prioritisation and the ability of think methodically
• A determination to deliver a customer focused service
• Excellent interpersonal skills, to be able to deal professionally and efficiently with contacts at all levels, whether dealing with students, academic staff, or external contacts such as overseas partners, vice-chancellors/embassy officials
• Excellent oral (including tactful and confident telephone manner) and written communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively, progress tasks concurrently and work to deadlines
• Computer-literate: articulate, confident and competent in the use of database systems, electronic communications, spreadsheets
• Cultural sensitivity: awareness of the international perspective of the work of the Office in terms of the diversity of the student body and our relationships with overseas organisations.
• Strong planning and project management skills
• Experience of working in an educational establishment
• Working knowledge of international partnership development
Level of previous experience required:
• Experience of working across international markets
• Detailed understanding of University working environment
• Familiar with aspects of University work across
• Ability to interview and interact with academics and to generate content
• Experience in the budget administration and monitoring
• Experience in delivering events from start to finish including promotion, running and appropriate content
• Experience in high level meetings
• Linguistic capabilities a bonus
Assistant Lecturer In Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
The Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing at Coventry University is one of the largest in the UK, and is nationally and internationally renowned as a centre of innovation for its teach...
Research Assistant, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
GBP 25,305 - GBP 33,954 pro rata per annum Fixed Term for 33 months The Centre for Mobility and Transport at Coventry University is seeking a highly motivated researcher to engineers to work on th...
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer In Computer Science And Cyber Security, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Computer Science and Cyber Security Faculty of Engineering, Environment & Computing £32,013 - £ 39,333/ £37,083- £52,800 per annum As one of Coventry's biggest employe...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Games Technology, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Games Technology Faculty of Engineering, Environment & Computing £32,013 - £ 39,333/ £37,083- £52, 800 per annum As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some...
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer In Photography (0.6 Fte), University of Wolverhampton, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Location Wolverhampton Campus Faculty/Department Faculty of Arts Salary £33,943 to £48,327 per annum (pro rata) The School of Art is seeking to appoint a 0.6 permanent Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in ...
Senior Registry Assistant (Governance), Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
The Governance Team provide governance support and advice to the University Leadership Team, the Board of Governors and its Committees and the Directors of subsidiary companies which form part of ...