|Novartis Technical Operations|
| Novartis has one of the best biologics pipelines in the pharmaceutical industry, with a large number of projects in the different clinical development phases.|
Within the Novartis Biologics Technical Development and Manufacturing (BTDM) organization, the Early Phase Pharmaceutical Development group is responsible for developing the drug product for preclinical toxicology studies as well as first in man clinical studies, and is thus handling different protein formats, including monoclonal antibodies, Fab fragments, Fc fusion proteins, protein conjugates, ADCs and different protein scaffolds.
In order to enable the therapeutic properties of potentially powerful biologics with very short half-life in the desired site of action, the development of new special dosage forms for biologics is required, such as microparticles, gels, implants, scaffolds etc.
We are looking for a talented postdoc researcher to join the Early Phase Pharmaceutical Development Team, within the NBE Delivery Group, to tackle the challenging task to encapsulate monoclonal antibodies and therapeutic proteins into selected delivery systems by tailoring formulation parameters and processing conditions in order to maximize encapsulation efficiency, minimize protein degradation during manufacturing, optimize release kinetics and ensure protein stability during half-life and in vivo.
Duration of the position 2 years.
The responsibilities include:
• Evaluation of the state-of-the-art in the field
• Contributing to the conception of innovative ideas and solutions under limited direction, and independently working on execution, including design, implementation, and interpretation of scientific research results.
• Lead and coordinate the collaboration with different formulation and analytical interfaces within Novartis to achieve the project goals.
• Effectively communicates plans, progress and results with key stakeholders
• Ensures accuracy and timely sharing of information
• Prepare high quality research reports and manuscripts for publishing in major scientific journals or patent submission.
| • Education: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology or related field, with 0-2 years Postgraduate experience.|
• Relevant experience with drug delivery technologies and polymer physics, good understanding of physico-chemical properties of proteins, experienced in analytical characterization (e.g. HPLC, Spectrophotometry, particles characterization, calorimetry, etc.). Ideally, prior experience in process development and process engineering.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Team spirit and flexibility
Postdoc In Enzymatic Protein Aggregation, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2 days ago
Department of Food Science is offering a postdoc position for a period of 2.5 years commencing 1st October 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter. The application deadline is 1st September 2017. T...
Postdoctoral Fellow 2+1 Year For Translational Cell Assays, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 2 days ago
The Department of Medicine, Solna, is one of the largest departments at Karolinska Institutet. The department consists of several units that are separated into different research groups. The core ...
Postdoc Positions In Proteomics, Epigenetics And Cell Signaling, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2 days ago
Two postdoctoral positions are available at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR – www.cpr.ku.dk), University of Copenhagen. Salary: ~50,000-54,000€ PA, plus 17.1% in pensi...
Post Doctoral Researcher: Characterization And Consequences Of Extracellular Matrix Protein Modification, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2 days ago
A 2-year post-doctoral research position funded by the DFF is available in the group of Professor Michael Davies (Department of Biomedical Sciences) with a starting date of September 1st 2017 or a...
Postdoc In Automation Of Life Science Experiments In The Cloud, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 3 days ago
Apply no later than 31 August 2017 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU B...
Postdoc In Protein Expression, Purification And Characterization Of Conotoxins At The Department Of Biology, University Of Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2 days ago
The Ellgaard lab in the Section for Biomolecular Sciences is looking to recruit a talented postdoctoral researcher to our group working at the interface between protein biochemistry and molecular ...