At the Department of Public Health Sciences we conduct research, teaching and applied work based on public health science and epidemiology. The research is aimed at analysing health determinants on the population level, and developing and evaluating preventative structural and individualised measures, including legislation and guidelines. The field also includes health economics, health systems research and implementation research. Our activities have a strongly international flavour, and the Department's researchers are scientific advisers to authorities and other decision-makers on the regional, national and international level. The Department is divided into research groups operating within the fields of global health, public health epidemiology and social medicine with a total of 150 employees. In addition, we have around 65 research students. This position is located in the Global Health Interventions and Evaluation research group.
The applicant will support research implementation tasks for the project CTEST: Improving young Swedish men health service utilization for Chlamydia Trachomatis infection detection and treatment. How can we do it? based in Stockholm, Sweden.
The tasks will involve the following (but are not restricted to): a) designing and managing a database for a population-based survey, b) entering the surveys into the database, c) performing data quality controls, d) coordinating quantitative data collection with Statistics Sweden (Statistiska centralbyrån, SCB) and e) performing other administrative tasks related to the project.
The research assistant will be part of a team of researchers working in the project. The candidate will work closely with the research group in the Global Health intervention and Evaluation research group at the Department of Public Health Sciences.
The appointment is for four months (50%) and is expected to start October 1st 2017.
- The applicant must be able to communicate fluently, both orally and in writing in Swedish and in English. This will competency will be tested.
- The applicant must have a Master in epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, public health sciences, health informatics or data management.
- The applicant must have experience designing and managing databases for population-based studies using Microsoft Access, SQL, Epi Info or other relevant software compatible with Stata.
- The applicant must have the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary research group but also to work independently to assure that the project products are delivered in time.
- The applicant must interface well with other staff, collaborators and partners working with the project. This includes coordinating between the research team and Statistics Sweden (Statistiska centralbyrån, SCB).
- The applicant must be able to plan, coordinate and manage internal and external resources to accomplish the assigned tasks.
- Experience working with quantitative studies focusing on sexually transmitted infections is desirable.
The application is to be submitted on the MyNetwork recruitment system.
At Karolinska Institutet a 6-month trial period is required for all permanent appointments.
Project Manager For Investd R Va Seattle Epidemiologic Research And Information Center (Eric), University of Washington, United States, about 7 hours ago
Description: Integrated Veteran Epidemiologic Study Data Resource The Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), is accepting applications f...
Public Health Program Asc, Emory University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision, uses a basic knowledge of public health principles to analyze, develop, implement, and promote new and creative strategies and solutions...
Project Manager, University of Maryland, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position Summary/Purpose of Position: The Project Manager supports the Principal Investigator of the Cooperative Agreement between the UMD School of Public Health and DARPA (Defense Advanced Resea...
Biomedical Informatics Research Specialist Ccts (Job Id #81482), University of Illinois, United States, 2 days ago
The Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS) is seeking a Biomedical Informatics Research Specialist who will contribute to the conceptualization, design, development and delivery of b...
Breast Cancer Epidemiology, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 23 hours ago
Position Description: The Division of Epidemiology within the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) in New York City invites applications for...
Associate Professor Of Interdisciplinary Social Science, Specifically Public Health (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Social Science, specifically Public Health (1.0 FTE) Functie You will be employed at the Department of Interdisciplinary Social Science of the Faculty of S...