Ming Wai Lau Centre for Reparative Medicine (MWLC) is established to further accelerate research in stem cell biology, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, and regenerative medicine. MWLC operates two nodes, one based at KI in Stockholm, Sweden and the other in Hong Kong, located in Science Park, Shatin. The Hong Kong node will include four research groups, initially consisting of a total of 20-30 scientists.
Description of research group and project
Dr. Linxian Li’s Laboratory has long interests in developing novel functional surfaces and biomaterials for clinical applications. Committed to translating new materials for medical use, the Li group focuses on engineering functional surfaces for medical implants and developing biomolecules as therapeutics. We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher for research initiatives in controlled surface functionalization and biomolecular engineering for a wide-array of studies in medicine.
One postdoc position in Biomaterials
We are searching for a biomaterials scientist with the following qualifications and experience:
- Applicants must hold a PhD with strong background in biomaterials science, bioengineering, mammalian protein production, cellular and molecular biology, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience using biology tools and assays such as Western blots, PCR, ELISA, FACS and confocal microscopy.
- Experience in cell culture and mouse models will be considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
This is a two-year fixed-term position, with the possibility of renewal.
The assignment is located at MWLC, Hong Kong, and the employment will follow local labour laws in Hong Kong.
A competitive remuneration package with MPF and pension contributing up to a total of 10% over basic salary and medical benefits will be offered.
A person is eligible for a position as Postdoctoral Researcher if he or she has obtained a PhD no more than seven years before the last date of employment as postdoc. The term can be extended under special circumstances.
An employment application must contain the following documents in English:
1. A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
2. A complete list of publications
3. A summary of current work (no more than one page)
4. Verifications for crediting of illness, military service, work for labour unions or student organisations, parental leave or similar circumstances
5. Applicants should arrange to have at least two letters of reference
The application is to be submitted through the MyNetwork recruitment system.
] Postdoctoral Scholar Single Cell & Microfluidic Systems, , United States, about 15 hours ago
Postdoctoral position on spatially resolved single-cell analysis from tissue (transcriptome and proteome) Applications are invited for an immediate opening at the Systems Biology and Bioengineerin...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 5 hours ago
31.07.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Institute of Molecular Immunology at Technische Universität München is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow (TVL-E13) placed within a CRC project together with...
Visiting Research Specialist Pharmacology (Job Id #82805), University of Illinois, United States, 15 days ago
Visiting Research Specialist - Pharmacology (Job ID #82805) College of Medicine 08/02/2017 Description: A Visiting Research Specialist position is available in the Du lab. Research interests of th...
Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 13 hours ago
Position Description: HJF is seeking a Postdoctoral fellow to support the Laboratory of Pediatric Infection and Immunity in the Department of Pediatrics at the Uniformed Services University of the...
Postdoc Positions In Proteomics, Epigenetics And Cell Signaling, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Two postdoctoral positions are available at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR – www.cpr.ku.dk), University of Copenhagen. Salary: ~50,000-54,000€ PA, plus 17.1% in pensi...
Visiting Research Specialist Physiology & Biophysics (Job Id #83396), University of Illinois, United States, about 5 hours ago
Visiting Research Specialist - Physiology & Biophysics (Job ID #83396) Medicine/Physiology & Biophysics 08/21/2017 Description: SEARCH EXTENDED The Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the U...