The Technical Officer supports laboratory operation and laboratory maintenance; ensuring laboratories are in conducive condition to conduct laboratory classes.
- Perform daily housekeeping and maintenance to ensure safety, cleanliness and tidiness of laboratories.
- Provide support to Teaching Faculty and Professional Officers in preparation of materials and set up of experiments for laboratory classes.
- Provide support to Teaching Faculty and Professional Officers in operation, trouble-shooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment. Examples of these equipment include (but not limited to) HVAC, refrigeration system, electrohydraulic, heat exchangers, 3D printers and civil engineering equipment.
- Perform procurement of common laboratory equipment and consumables.
- Track and maintain inventory of laboratory equipment, chemicals and consumables.
- Track and manage laboratory waste.
- Track and maintain laboratory documentation (Equipment Manuals, Risk Assessments, and Material Safety Data Sheets).
- Ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
- Preferably with at least 2 years of work experience in engineering laboratories. Prior experience in mechanical laboratory will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum Polytechnic Diploma, or equivalent qualification.
Back to search
Radioisotope Lab Safety Specialist, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 10 hours ago
Job Location Saudi Arabia Job Title Radioisotope Lab Safety Specialist Job Type Non-Academic Job Summary KAUST is establishing a radioisotope laboratory under the Core Labs to support the facu...
Teaching Laboratory Technician, University of Maryland, United States, 21 minutes ago
Position Summary/Purpose of Position: This position works directly with the Stockroom Coordinator and Laboratory Instructors to prepare solutions, buffers and reagents for lower division organic a...
Laboratory Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 9 days ago
Faculty of Engineering - Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering Competition No. - S103633352 Posting Date - Jul 12, 2017 Closing Date - Jul 19, 2017 Position Type - Full ...
Regulated Waste Technician Safety Tech., University of Nevada, Reno, United States, 1 day ago
Position Information Position Information Job Title Regulated Waste Technician-Safety Tech. Department Environmental Health & Safety Department Web Address https://www.unr.edu/ehs Full Time Equiva...
Laboratory Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 18 days ago
Faculty of Engineering - Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering Competition No. - S103633314 Posting Date - Jul 07, 2017 Closing Date - Jul 14, 2017 Position Type - Full ...
Sustainability Planner (Facilities And Operations) Dual Campus, UWC South East Asia, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
Sustainability Planner (Facilities and Operations) - Dual Campus UWC South East Asia is member of the UWC movement and a K-12 international school in Singapore. The school provides a challenging, ...