|Proteomics/Mass Spectrometry - Senior Technical Specialist|
| We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist for Proteomics at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. For Proteomics the lab holds Orbitrap Fusion Lumos, QExactive HF, TripleTOF 5600, Maxis Q-TOF and Ultraflex MALDI-TOF/TOF.|
The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on high-throughput proteomics. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation for proteomics, hands-on LC-MS and proteomics data analysis. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations.
| • Provides consultation to scientists and students |
• Runs standardized and customized proteomics sample preparation independently
• Operates standardized and customized analysis on sophisticated LC-MS
• Trains users on sample preparation, equipment and data analysis
• Expands methods and protocols for proteome sample and data analyses
• Obtains and delivesr reliable and excellent quality of data and results at all times
• Maintains and manages the mass spectrometry equipment
• Identifies gaps and provides feedback to all technical aspects of proteomics portfolio, or suggestions for improvements
|• The technical specialist shows strong expertise in proteomics sample preparation and LC-MS (please see the description under major responsibilities)|
| • Collaborate efficiently with other groups internally and externally|
• Stay-up-to-date with new technologies
• Is a strong team player
|• A bachelor degree or above in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or similar|
| • Minimum 2 years of experience in mass spectrometry based proteomics|
• Experience in analyzing large-scale proteomics data or ability to write script is a plus
• Independently perform preventative maintenance and ability to troubleshoot equipment
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieving highest quality analytical results
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners and be reliable
Ph D Fellow For Bioinformatics Analysis Of Cardiac Proteomics Data, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 17 hours ago
Description We are seeking a PhD fellow to become part of the Cardiac Proteomics group led by Associate Professor Alicia Lundby at the Department of Biomedical Sciences and the Novo Nordisk Founda...
Postgraduate In Mass Spectrometry, Novartis, Switzerland, about 20 hours ago
Job ID 210061BR Position Title Postgraduate in Mass Spectrometry Division Novartis Technical Operations Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Job Type Full Time Job Description The depart...
Associate Professor In Analytical Natural Product Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
Apply no later than 11 May 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Bioengineering by completing the following form. Apply online The Department of Biotechnology and Biomedicine (DTU Bioengineering) at the T...
Clinical Scientist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
A vacancy has arisen for an HCPC registered Clinical Scientist (band 7 equivalent) to join the only Toxicology Unit at Viapath Analytics. The Unit is based at King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill...
Signaling Pathways In Epithelial Stem Cell Biology And Cancer, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 16 hours ago
Position Description: Postdoctoral research position available at the National Cancer Institute (NCI-NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA), in the group of Dr. Ramiro Iglesias-Bartolome at LCMB. Our research gr...
Assistant Professor In Bioinformatics In The Porse Group At The Finsen Laboratory/Bric, University Of Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
An exciting position as an assistant professor with focus on normal and malignant hematopoiesis is available in the Porse Group, at the Finsen Laboratory/Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BR...