|Proteomics/Mass Spectrometry - Senior Technical Specialist|
| We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist for Proteomics at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. For Proteomics the lab holds Orbitrap Fusion Lumos, QExactive HF, TripleTOF 5600, Maxis Q-TOF and Ultraflex MALDI-TOF/TOF.|
The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on high-throughput proteomics. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation for proteomics, hands-on LC-MS and proteomics data analysis. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations.
| • Provides consultation to scientists and students |
• Runs standardized and customized proteomics sample preparation independently
• Operates standardized and customized analysis on sophisticated LC-MS
• Trains users on sample preparation, equipment and data analysis
• Expands methods and protocols for proteome sample and data analyses
• Obtains and delivesr reliable and excellent quality of data and results at all times
• Maintains and manages the mass spectrometry equipment
• Identifies gaps and provides feedback to all technical aspects of proteomics portfolio, or suggestions for improvements
|• The technical specialist shows strong expertise in proteomics sample preparation and LC-MS (please see the description under major responsibilities)|
| • Collaborate efficiently with other groups internally and externally|
• Stay-up-to-date with new technologies
• Is a strong team player
|• A bachelor degree or above in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or similar|
| • Minimum 2 years of experience in mass spectrometry based proteomics|
• Experience in analyzing large-scale proteomics data or ability to write script is a plus
• Independently perform preventative maintenance and ability to troubleshoot equipment
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieving highest quality analytical results
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners and be reliable
Ph D Fellowship: Investigation Of Molecular Signalling Networks Activated During Muscle Formation, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 1 day ago
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a three-year position as a PhD fellow within the field of functional proteomics ...
Lab Manager / Academic Staff, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 1 day ago
A position as a lab manager/academic staff (A-TAP) is available at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, from the 15th of August 2017 or sho...
Laboratory Technician, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
Laboratory Technician for Eukaryotic Protein Expression Presentation of the Center Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research ( www.cpr.ku.dk ) at the Faculty of Health and Medical Scienc...
Bioinformatician, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 21 hours ago
Apply no later than 30 June 2017 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (CFB) is...
Research Technician In Aging Biology And Next Generation Sequencing.(Cr&Jb), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Karolinska Institutet, Institutionen for medicin, Huddinge Division The Integrated Cardio Metabolic Centre (ICMC) has recently been established as a research collaboration between Karolinska Insti...
Research Scientist, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 13 days ago
Apply no later than 16 June 2017 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online We are seeking bioinformaticians for work on data analysis, softw...