|Proteomics/Mass Spectrometry - Senior Technical Specialist|
| We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist for Proteomics at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. For Proteomics the lab holds Orbitrap Fusion Lumos, QExactive HF, TripleTOF 5600, Maxis Q-TOF and Ultraflex MALDI-TOF/TOF.|
The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on high-throughput proteomics. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation for proteomics, hands-on LC-MS and proteomics data analysis. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations.
| • Provides consultation to scientists and students |
• Runs standardized and customized proteomics sample preparation independently
• Operates standardized and customized analysis on sophisticated LC-MS
• Trains users on sample preparation, equipment and data analysis
• Expands methods and protocols for proteome sample and data analyses
• Obtains and delivesr reliable and excellent quality of data and results at all times
• Maintains and manages the mass spectrometry equipment
• Identifies gaps and provides feedback to all technical aspects of proteomics portfolio, or suggestions for improvements
|• The technical specialist shows strong expertise in proteomics sample preparation and LC-MS (please see the description under major responsibilities)|
| • Collaborate efficiently with other groups internally and externally|
• Stay-up-to-date with new technologies
• Is a strong team player
|• A bachelor degree or above in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or similar|
| • Minimum 2 years of experience in mass spectrometry based proteomics|
• Experience in analyzing large-scale proteomics data or ability to write script is a plus
• Independently perform preventative maintenance and ability to troubleshoot equipment
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieving highest quality analytical results
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners and be reliable
Postdoctoral Researcher In Translational Nursing Science, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 14 days ago
Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics (LIME) work within some of the key areas important to fulfilling the motto of Karolinska Institutet \"to improve human health\". We focus...
Elucidation Of Proteomic Instability In Cancer And Characterization Of Tumor Associated Amyloids, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 17 hours ago
Position Description: Dr. Chengkai Dai's laboratory at the Mouse Cancer Genetics Program (MCGP) has an open post-doctoral position. The position is available immediately to participate in projects...
Research Specialist, Emory University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, performs a variety of defined research and laboratory tests and experiments according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules. Se...
Structure And Mechanisms Of Gene Regulatory Noncoding Rn As And Highly Structured Viral Rn As, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 17 hours ago
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, MD and surrounding area Position Description: A fully funded postdoctoral position (up to 5 years) is available in the S...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Project On Disease Modifiers In Ad And Ftd, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
The Department of Neurobiology Care Sciences and Society comprises 11 divisions and has about 500 employees. The NVS-department is located at KI Campus-Huddinge. The Department is responsible for ...
Open Rank Cf Faculty, Emory University, United States, 12 days ago
Job Description The Department of Pediatrics is seeking an outstanding Pediatric physician to join the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy/Immunology, Cystic Fibrosis and Sleep and the CF Research Cent...