|Next Generation Sequencing & qPCR - Senior Technical Specialist|
| We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. The NGS lab holds HiSeq2500, HiSeq4000, NextSeq and MiSeqs, Biomark HD, Fluidigm C1 and Chromium (10X Genomics).|
The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on NGS and qPCR. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation and sequencing runs. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations
| • Conducts standardized and customized sample preparations for genomics independently|
• Performs NGS runs and operates qPCR instruments independently
• Delivers reliable and excellent quality data and results
• Has consultations with students and scientists
• Provides support and feedback on all technical aspects of genomics portfolio, including optimization and improvement of assays and processes
• Performs basic training in sample preparations and operation of equipment to KAUST researchers and external partners
• Develops, assesses, and adapts new technologies and protocols
| • The person in this role shows a strong technical expertise in NGS and qPCR (Please see the description under major responsibilities)|
| • Ensures good laboratory practice and safety in the work area at all times|
• Participates actively in periodic lab cleanup and organization
• Performs proactively and independently general laboratory duties and maintenance
• Takes actively part in own professional development
|• A bachelor degree or above in biochemistry, molecular biology or similar|
| • Minimum 2 years of experience in the NGS field|
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieve results of highest quality
• Proactive and reliable personality and a positive mindset
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners
Genetic Technologist / Clinical Scientist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
The Molecular Pathology laboratory based in King’s College Hospital in South London is seeking an experienced Genetic Technologist (VRC registered) or a pre-registration Clinical Scientist to work...
Research Assistant, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 20 days ago
The Department of Laboratory Medicine consists of 9 divisions and is active in many areas of Laboratory Medicine. The department is involved in advanced basic scientific, clinical and epidemiologi...
Lab Manager Position At Karolinska Institutet/Icmc, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 20 days ago
Established in June 2013, the Karolinska Institutet/AstraZeneca Integrated Cardio Metabolic Centre (KIAZ ICMC) represents a unique and exciting opportunity for academic scientists to collaborate a...
Management Assistant Officer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
Management Assistant Officer - 0057K Description Job Purpose To provide support for Department's Undergraduate Programme and Department's activities. Duties and Responsibilities The incumbent will...
Clinical Scientist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Clinical Scientist PRECISION MEDICINE Liver Laboratories Clinical Scientist in GeneticsBand 7 Clinical Scientist, Liver Molecular Genetics, Salary: £37,660 - £47,778 including High Cost Area Suppl...
Senior Researcher In Integrative Physiology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 22 days ago
Division The division of Integrative Physiology at the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology at Karolinska Institutet is seeking a highly motivated researcher to join the group of Professors A...