|Next Generation Sequencing & qPCR - Senior Technical Specialist|
| We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. The NGS lab holds HiSeq2500, HiSeq4000, NextSeq and MiSeqs, Biomark HD, Fluidigm C1 and Chromium (10X Genomics).|
The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on NGS and qPCR. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation and sequencing runs. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations
| • Conducts standardized and customized sample preparations for genomics independently|
• Performs NGS runs and operates qPCR instruments independently
• Delivers reliable and excellent quality data and results
• Has consultations with students and scientists
• Provides support and feedback on all technical aspects of genomics portfolio, including optimization and improvement of assays and processes
• Performs basic training in sample preparations and operation of equipment to KAUST researchers and external partners
• Develops, assesses, and adapts new technologies and protocols
| • The person in this role shows a strong technical expertise in NGS and qPCR (Please see the description under major responsibilities)|
| • Ensures good laboratory practice and safety in the work area at all times|
• Participates actively in periodic lab cleanup and organization
• Performs proactively and independently general laboratory duties and maintenance
• Takes actively part in own professional development
|• A bachelor degree or above in biochemistry, molecular biology or similar|
| • Minimum 2 years of experience in the NGS field|
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieve results of highest quality
• Proactive and reliable personality and a positive mindset
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners
Research Engineer, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 11 days ago
The Department of Biosciences and Nutrition performs research and education in areas of medical science including bioorganic chemistry, molecular endocrinology, cancer biology, functional genomics...
Clinical Scientist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
The Viapath Genetics Laboratory is part of the Genetics Centre at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (GSTfT), and the lead laboratory in the South London Genomic Medicine Centre for the Gen...
Research Technician Ii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 3 hours ago
Research Technician II( Job Number: 0175439) Description Job Purpose: Perform a variety of technical activities required for conducting tests and experiments in a school or research laboratory wit...
Clinical Scientist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Clinical Scientist in Genetics Band 7 Clinical Scientist, Molecular Genetics, Salary: £37,660 - £47,778 including High Cost Area Supplement Full–time: 37.5 hrs per week. Due to expanding demand fo...
Immunology Lecturers – College Of Science And Health Professions – Saudi Arabia. Start September 2017, Tax Free Salary!, Its Academic, Saudi Arabia, about 23 hours ago
Posting Date: Aug 14 2017 Continent: Middle East Country: Saudi Arabia City: Jeddah Job Type : Teaching / Faculty Jobs Organization Type: College / University Estimated Start Date: Sep 11 2017 Con...
Bioinformatician In Proteogenomics , Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
At the Department of Oncology-Pathology basic, translational and clinical research and educational activities related to cancer is carried out. Approximately 300 people from over 40 nations are cu...