|Next Generation Sequencing & qPCR - Senior Technical Specialist|
| We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. The NGS lab holds HiSeq2500, HiSeq4000, NextSeq and MiSeqs, Biomark HD, Fluidigm C1 and Chromium (10X Genomics).|
The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on NGS and qPCR. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation and sequencing runs. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations
| • Conducts standardized and customized sample preparations for genomics independently|
• Performs NGS runs and operates qPCR instruments independently
• Delivers reliable and excellent quality data and results
• Has consultations with students and scientists
• Provides support and feedback on all technical aspects of genomics portfolio, including optimization and improvement of assays and processes
• Performs basic training in sample preparations and operation of equipment to KAUST researchers and external partners
• Develops, assesses, and adapts new technologies and protocols
| • The person in this role shows a strong technical expertise in NGS and qPCR (Please see the description under major responsibilities)|
| • Ensures good laboratory practice and safety in the work area at all times|
• Participates actively in periodic lab cleanup and organization
• Performs proactively and independently general laboratory duties and maintenance
• Takes actively part in own professional development
|• A bachelor degree or above in biochemistry, molecular biology or similar|
| • Minimum 2 years of experience in the NGS field|
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieve results of highest quality
• Proactive and reliable personality and a positive mindset
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners
Clinical Scientist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
The Viapath Genetics Laboratory is part of the Genetics Centre at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (GSTfT), and the lead laboratory in the South London Genomic Medicine Centre for the Gen...
Clinical Scientist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Scientist to join one the largest Cytogenomics Services in the UK; we are now recruiting to a permanent Clinical Scientist position, to join our Prenatal &...
Clinical Scientist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
All of the Viapath Genomics laboratories are involved in the 100,000 Genomes Project and are part of the South London GMC. The Molecular Pathology laboratories at King’s College Hospital were purp...
Medical Technical Officer 2, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
The Viapath Genetics Laboratory in the Guy’s Genetics Centre is recruiting to a Medical Technical Officer 2 (afc equivalent band 5) post; this is not an NHS post. The post holder will perform rout...
Laboratory Engineer, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 9 days ago
The Department of Biosciences and Nutrition performs research and education in areas of medical science including bioorganic chemistry, molecular endocrinology, cancer biology, functional genomics...
Bioinformatician, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, about 10 hours ago
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: In the Department of Molecular Cell & Cancer Biology of University of Massachusetts Medical School, we have developed a core team of accomplished computational biologi...