|Equipment Planning Specialist|
|Assess equipment requests by conducting full lifecycle analyses of KAUST research equipment and providing technical reports to the Manager (Secretary of the Academic Space and Equipment Planning Committee)|
| • Analyze research asset (SAP) records and develop lifecycle reports of critical research equipment|
• Liaise with the research asset support team in tracking, locating, and disposing of lab equipment assets
• Evaluate existing research equipment and related systems with respect to age, condition, and technological status to determine the potential for reuse
• Facilitate and track movement/transfer of equipment within and between labs and other facilities
• Serves as liaison to finance relating to the valuation and depreciation of lab equipment
• Review technical specifications of equipment proposals and report on identical/similar existing KAUST research assets
• Coordinate with Research and Core Laboratories to track and record lab equipment utilization rates
• Interface with Lab Equipment Maintenance (LEM) team and Procurement to prioritize standardization of research equipment
• Avoid duplication of equipment requests by providing faculty with technical specifications of similar existing research equipment
• Support principal investigators with their capital equipment proposals from the initial phase to the final commissioning stage
• Assist in developing and maintaining a centralized shared database for the most commonly used research equipment in KAUST laboratories
• Effectively communicate equipment planning information to the project team to allow for successful project completion
• Ensure equipment proposals meet budgetary targets set by management
• Maintain the research equipment surplus program
|Research Operations and Support|
| • Proficiency in data analysis and reporting|
• Excellent communication skills in preparing documentation pertaining to equipment specifications and reports
• Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of academic and industrial research
• Experience with research equipment plan drawings and working with engineers
| • Ability to discuss equipment technology with multiple stakeholders|
• Self-directed and motivated, with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task, with strong attention to detail
• Previous experience in utilizing research equipment as well as setting up labs
|• Minimum Master’s degree in engineering/material science or equivalent; PhD preferred|
| • Experience using data management system such as SAP|
• Experience in Microsoft Office with excellent proficiency in Excel
• Minimum of 8 years experience working in a similar remit within a Higher Educational or Science Based Environment
Executive (N Ex T++), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
Executive (NExT++) - 005BX Description Grant Administration Manage research project accounts and reconcile the monthly statement of accounts. Ensure that Manpower, Equipment and Other Operating Ex...
Research Technician Ii Orsp/Biology, San Francisco State University, United States, 9 days ago
Research Technician will assist with all aspects of the research project, with working knowledge of basic cell and molecular biology techniques, including making media & solutions, subcloning, pla...
Digital Scholarship Coordinator, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
Digital Scholarship Coordinator - 005G1 Description Description The NUS Libraries seeks an innovative, forward-looking and highly collaborative professional for the position of Digital Scholarship...
Research Specialist, Lead, Emory University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of specialized and complex research and laboratory tests and procedures. Perform experiments initially designed by PI...
Nmr Manager, Nanuc, University of Alberta, Canada, about 17 hours ago
The National High Field Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Centre (NANUC) is an open access national high field NMR Centre that provides the local, provincial and national research community access to NMR...
Mechanical Specialist, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 6 days ago
Mechanical Specialist( Job Number: 0174579) Description Job Purpose: Perform advanced technical work for the design and fabrication of complex precision components and mechanical devices and elec...