|Equipment Planning Specialist|
|Assess equipment requests by conducting full lifecycle analyses of KAUST research equipment and providing technical reports to the Manager (Secretary of the Academic Space and Equipment Planning Committee)|
| • Analyze research asset (SAP) records and develop lifecycle reports of critical research equipment|
• Liaise with the research asset support team in tracking, locating, and disposing of lab equipment assets
• Evaluate existing research equipment and related systems with respect to age, condition, and technological status to determine the potential for reuse
• Facilitate and track movement/transfer of equipment within and between labs and other facilities
• Serves as liaison to finance relating to the valuation and depreciation of lab equipment
• Review technical specifications of equipment proposals and report on identical/similar existing KAUST research assets
• Coordinate with Research and Core Laboratories to track and record lab equipment utilization rates
• Interface with Lab Equipment Maintenance (LEM) team and Procurement to prioritize standardization of research equipment
• Avoid duplication of equipment requests by providing faculty with technical specifications of similar existing research equipment
• Support principal investigators with their capital equipment proposals from the initial phase to the final commissioning stage
• Assist in developing and maintaining a centralized shared database for the most commonly used research equipment in KAUST laboratories
• Effectively communicate equipment planning information to the project team to allow for successful project completion
• Ensure equipment proposals meet budgetary targets set by management
• Maintain the research equipment surplus program
|Research Operations and Support|
| • Proficiency in data analysis and reporting|
• Excellent communication skills in preparing documentation pertaining to equipment specifications and reports
• Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of academic and industrial research
• Experience with research equipment plan drawings and working with engineers
| • Ability to discuss equipment technology with multiple stakeholders|
• Self-directed and motivated, with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task, with strong attention to detail
• Previous experience in utilizing research equipment as well as setting up labs
|• Minimum Master’s degree in engineering/material science or equivalent; PhD preferred|
| • Experience using data management system such as SAP|
• Experience in Microsoft Office with excellent proficiency in Excel
• Minimum of 8 years experience working in a similar remit within a Higher Educational or Science Based Environment
Laboratory Executive, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
Laboratory Executive - 005OU Description Laboratories Provide training on the use of equipment Conduct biosafety training for new staff and users Ensure biosafety procedures are adhered and mainta...
Manager / Assistant Manager (Physical Sciences Contracts), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 8 hours ago
Manager / Assistant Manager (Physical Sciences - Contracts) - 005O2 Description Negotiate legal agreements related to research and intellectual property for the University in the interests of the ...
Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 15 days ago
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Competition No. - S104132709 Posting Date - May 03, 2017 Closing Date - May 10, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded Sala...
Program Director, Emory University, United States, 9 days ago
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Directs the strategic planning, development and implementation of a large and complex program or of several smaller programs. Plans, administers and monitors progr...
Academic Programs Technologist, Computer Technical Support Consultant 1, (Ucp 4), Hartford, University of Connecticut, United States, 8 days ago
The School of Business is seeking a full-time Academic Programs Technologist (Computer Technical Support Consultant 1, UCP 4) to work in its Information Technology Department. The ideal candidate...
Research Assistant, Texas A&M University, United States, 14 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Research Assistant Posting Title Research Assistant System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLO...