|Equipment Planning Specialist|
|Assess equipment requests by conducting full lifecycle analyses of KAUST research equipment and providing technical reports to the Manager (Secretary of the Academic Space and Equipment Planning Committee)|
| • Analyze research asset (SAP) records and develop lifecycle reports of critical research equipment|
• Liaise with the research asset support team in tracking, locating, and disposing of lab equipment assets
• Evaluate existing research equipment and related systems with respect to age, condition, and technological status to determine the potential for reuse
• Facilitate and track movement/transfer of equipment within and between labs and other facilities
• Serves as liaison to finance relating to the valuation and depreciation of lab equipment
• Review technical specifications of equipment proposals and report on identical/similar existing KAUST research assets
• Coordinate with Research and Core Laboratories to track and record lab equipment utilization rates
• Interface with Lab Equipment Maintenance (LEM) team and Procurement to prioritize standardization of research equipment
• Avoid duplication of equipment requests by providing faculty with technical specifications of similar existing research equipment
• Support principal investigators with their capital equipment proposals from the initial phase to the final commissioning stage
• Assist in developing and maintaining a centralized shared database for the most commonly used research equipment in KAUST laboratories
• Effectively communicate equipment planning information to the project team to allow for successful project completion
• Ensure equipment proposals meet budgetary targets set by management
• Maintain the research equipment surplus program
|Research Operations and Support|
| • Proficiency in data analysis and reporting|
• Excellent communication skills in preparing documentation pertaining to equipment specifications and reports
• Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of academic and industrial research
• Experience with research equipment plan drawings and working with engineers
| • Ability to discuss equipment technology with multiple stakeholders|
• Self-directed and motivated, with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task, with strong attention to detail
• Previous experience in utilizing research equipment as well as setting up labs
|• Minimum Master’s degree in engineering/material science or equivalent; PhD preferred|
| • Experience using data management system such as SAP|
• Experience in Microsoft Office with excellent proficiency in Excel
• Minimum of 8 years experience working in a similar remit within a Higher Educational or Science Based Environment
Technical Officer (Engineering), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, 1 day ago
Location:SIT@Dover Division:Professional Officers Employment type:Full-time Job type:Temporary The Technical Officer supports the FYP lab operations and maintenance; ensuring labs are in conducive...
Project Manager Mtdc, University of Alberta, Canada, 11 days ago
Department of Biological Sciences Competition No. - A106129972D1 Closing Date - Jun 13, 2017 The Metabolomics Technology Demonstration Centre (MTDC) was officially launched in 2014. The pu...
Director Of Babson Global Center For Entrepreneurial Leadership, Babson College, United States, about 20 hours ago
Director of Babson Global Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership | | Posting Details Position Details Posting Number 32-2017 Posting Title Director of Babson Global Center for Entrepreneurial Leade...
Technical Officer (Hss), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, 1 day ago
Location:SIT@Dover Division:Professional Officers Employment type:Full-time Job type:Temporary The Technical Officer supports the operations and maintenance of the teaching clinics and labs; ensur...
Senior Planner, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 12 days ago
Senior Planner( Job Number: 0174991) Description Job Purpose: Identify, plan, and prioritize academic and research space needs. Lead the preparation of related medium and long range integrated pl...
Temporary Senior Research Associate, Texas A&M University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Temporary Senior Research Associate Posting Title Temporary Senior Research Associate System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAM...