|This role requires a creative technical mind to deliver customer satisfaction of the highest quality. Reporting to the Master Machinist this role acts as liaison between Central Workshop and marine repair and operations machine shop. The position requires experience in typical marine materials SS, aluminum and plastic.|
| - Oversee machine shop with several personnel reporting progress on projects.|
- Oversee machine shop assigned the task of marine operations support, to include assembly and disassembly of marine equipment.
- Prototype and/or test mechanical and electro-opto-mechanical components, assemblies, as necessary for marine research vessel.
- Maintain documentation repairs, projects and costing of components.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement processes and contribute to product design enhancements intended to achieve higher reliability and operational quality, embracing a culture of accountability for performance. This includes providing technical assistance to the shops including materials, QC/QA, engineering, safety, training of employees, etc.
- When assigned, prioritize orders, assign duties, and coordinate workflow to ensure completion and delivery in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a marine research vessel it’s repair and operation.
- Ability to make sound operational decisions.
- Reports to the Master Machinist acts as liaison between Central workshop and marine repair and operations machine shop.
| - Demonstrated knowledge and track record in all aspects of CNC Machining.|
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping 3-D printing, SolidWorks 2013, MasterCAM X6, multi-axis CNC/CAM programming, reverse engineering and simulation software.
- SolidWorks and Gibbs Cam proficient.
- Ability to learn to use CNC plasma cutting machine as well as water jet machine.
| - Ability to make sound operational decisions|
- Ability to influence decision making in a cross-functional matrix environment, ability to present information in an organized fashion to train, communicate and gain alignment, and ability to partner and collaborate with KAUST scientists.
- Organization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and excellent customer service attitude, are required.
|- Bachelors degree preferred|
| - Around 5-7 years of pertinent experience and growing responsibilities in high precision prototyping or manufacturing environment with high precision CNC machining, conventional machining, grinding operations, sheet metal fabrication (specifically, Waterjet and Laser cutting/engraving), and welding (TIG, MIG).|
- Exposure to a Marine paint environment and marine operations would be helpful.
Mechanical Specialist, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 5 days ago
Mechanical Specialist( Job Number: 0174579) Description Job Purpose: Perform advanced technical work for the design and fabrication of complex precision components and mechanical devices and elec...
Car Park Attendant, University Hospital Southampton, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
At University hospital Southampton we are seeking an enthusiastic car park attendant to join our friendly Travelwise team. If you enjoy working outdoors, helping people and have great customer ser...
User Support Specialist Auckland Niwa, NIWA, New Zealand, 20 days ago
NIWA is a leading environmental research institute and key provider of atmospheric, freshwater and marine research and consultancy services in New Zealand. NIWA's in-house IT team develops, mainta...
Scientist Or Technical Scientist At Dseg, Jamstec, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, Japan, about 21 hours ago
Scientist or Technical Scientist at DSEG, JAMSTEC Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology Posted: 03/13/2017 Open Until: 04/28/2017 Institution: Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science ...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, 5 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Business Coordinator I Posting Title Business Coordinator I System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department CHEMISTRY / ...
Assistant Professor / Associate Professor In Mechanical Engineering Adjunkt/Lektor I Maskinteknik, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
Apply no later than 1 May 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Diplom by completing the following form. Apply online Se den danske version af opslaget nederst på siden Center for Bachelor of Engineering ...