|This role requires a creative technical mind to deliver customer satisfaction of the highest quality. Reporting to the Master Machinist this role acts as liaison between Central Workshop and marine repair and operations machine shop. The position requires experience in typical marine materials SS, aluminum and plastic.|
| - Oversee machine shop with several personnel reporting progress on projects.|
- Oversee machine shop assigned the task of marine operations support, to include assembly and disassembly of marine equipment.
- Prototype and/or test mechanical and electro-opto-mechanical components, assemblies, as necessary for marine research vessel.
- Maintain documentation repairs, projects and costing of components.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement processes and contribute to product design enhancements intended to achieve higher reliability and operational quality, embracing a culture of accountability for performance. This includes providing technical assistance to the shops including materials, QC/QA, engineering, safety, training of employees, etc.
- When assigned, prioritize orders, assign duties, and coordinate workflow to ensure completion and delivery in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a marine research vessel it’s repair and operation.
- Ability to make sound operational decisions.
- Reports to the Master Machinist acts as liaison between Central workshop and marine repair and operations machine shop.
| - Demonstrated knowledge and track record in all aspects of CNC Machining.|
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping 3-D printing, SolidWorks 2013, MasterCAM X6, multi-axis CNC/CAM programming, reverse engineering and simulation software.
- SolidWorks and Gibbs Cam proficient.
- Ability to learn to use CNC plasma cutting machine as well as water jet machine.
| - Ability to make sound operational decisions|
- Ability to influence decision making in a cross-functional matrix environment, ability to present information in an organized fashion to train, communicate and gain alignment, and ability to partner and collaborate with KAUST scientists.
- Organization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and excellent customer service attitude, are required.
|- Bachelors degree preferred|
| - Around 5-7 years of pertinent experience and growing responsibilities in high precision prototyping or manufacturing environment with high precision CNC machining, conventional machining, grinding operations, sheet metal fabrication (specifically, Waterjet and Laser cutting/engraving), and welding (TIG, MIG).|
- Exposure to a Marine paint environment and marine operations would be helpful.
Mechanical Specialist, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 10 hours ago
Mechanical Specialist( Job Number: 0175083) Description Job Purpose: Perform advanced technical work for the design and fabrication of complex precision components and mechanical devices and elect...
Data Scientist, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
Department of Computing Science Competition No. - A113933195 Closing Date - Jun 29, 2017 Position Summary: Reporting to Amii’s Scientific Director and in consultation with the Executive Di...
Laboratory Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 25 days ago
ENG Mechanical Engineering Competition No. - S106732901 Posting Date - May 26, 2017 Closing Date - Jun 02, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded Salary Range - $39,110 ...
Senior Facilities Technician, University of North Texas at Dallas, United States, about 24 hours ago
Requisition Number STA - 201000000489 Job Title Senior Facilities Technician Job Description The University of North Texas System in Downtown Dallas invites applications for the position of Senior...
Senior Facilities Technician, University of North Texas at Dallas, United States, 6 days ago
Requisition Number STA - 201000000489 Job Title Senior Facilities Technician Job Description The University of North Texas System – Main Street invites applications for the position of Senior Fac...
Hpc Applications Support Specialist Niwa, NIWA, New Zealand, 17 days ago
Based in Wellington, New Zealand Permanent, Full-time NIWA is New Zealand's leading provider of natural resources and environmental research and applied science services, specialising in atmospher...