|This role requires a creative technical mind to deliver customer satisfaction of the highest quality. Reporting to the Master Machinist this role acts as liaison between Central Workshop and marine repair and operations machine shop. The position requires experience in typical marine materials SS, aluminum and plastic.|
| - Oversee machine shop with several personnel reporting progress on projects.|
- Oversee machine shop assigned the task of marine operations support, to include assembly and disassembly of marine equipment.
- Prototype and/or test mechanical and electro-opto-mechanical components, assemblies, as necessary for marine research vessel.
- Maintain documentation repairs, projects and costing of components.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement processes and contribute to product design enhancements intended to achieve higher reliability and operational quality, embracing a culture of accountability for performance. This includes providing technical assistance to the shops including materials, QC/QA, engineering, safety, training of employees, etc.
- When assigned, prioritize orders, assign duties, and coordinate workflow to ensure completion and delivery in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a marine research vessel it’s repair and operation.
- Ability to make sound operational decisions.
- Reports to the Master Machinist acts as liaison between Central workshop and marine repair and operations machine shop.
| - Demonstrated knowledge and track record in all aspects of CNC Machining.|
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping 3-D printing, SolidWorks 2013, MasterCAM X6, multi-axis CNC/CAM programming, reverse engineering and simulation software.
- SolidWorks and Gibbs Cam proficient.
- Ability to learn to use CNC plasma cutting machine as well as water jet machine.
| - Ability to make sound operational decisions|
- Ability to influence decision making in a cross-functional matrix environment, ability to present information in an organized fashion to train, communicate and gain alignment, and ability to partner and collaborate with KAUST scientists.
- Organization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and excellent customer service attitude, are required.
|- Bachelors degree preferred|
| - Around 5-7 years of pertinent experience and growing responsibilities in high precision prototyping or manufacturing environment with high precision CNC machining, conventional machining, grinding operations, sheet metal fabrication (specifically, Waterjet and Laser cutting/engraving), and welding (TIG, MIG).|
- Exposure to a Marine paint environment and marine operations would be helpful.
Machinist, University of Alberta, Canada, 8 days ago
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering Competition No. - S103632540 Posting Date - Apr 12, 2017 Closing Date - Apr 21, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded S...
Instrument Maker Ii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 19 days ago
Instrument Maker II( Job Number: 0174663) Description Job Purpose: Perform modifications, maintenance and repair of instrumentation and related equipment used in laboratory operations. Major Respo...
Mechanical Engineering Professors And Lecturers Required – Leading Post Secondary Institution In Kuwait, Its Academic, Kuwait, about 8 hours ago
Posting Date: Apr 06 2017 Continent: Middle East Country: Kuwait City: Egaila Job Type : Teaching / Faculty Jobs Organization Type: College / University Estimated Start Date: Aug 15 2017 Contract ...
Plumber I, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 6 days ago
Plumber I( Job Number: 0174755) Description Job Purpose: Inspect, repair, install, modify and maintain plumbing and piping systems and support equipment. Systems include sewer and domestic water, ...
A/C Mechanic I, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 12 days ago
A/C Mechanic I( Job Number: 0174711) Description Job Purpose: Perform basic installation and maintenance of components used in campus heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and r...
A/C Mechanic I, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 13 hours ago
A/C Mechanic I( Job Number: 0174811) Description Job Purpose: Perform basic installation and maintenance of components used in campus heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and r...