|The Category Specialist leads low to medium-complexity projects and supports the Category Manager and Customer Relationship Manager on the execution of high-complexity sourcing projects and supplier relationship management, working effectively along with stakeholders and other members of the Procurement team.|
| • Manages and processes Purchase Requisitions, including: order creation (PO), Supplier contact, order tracking, monitor goods/services reception and payment|
• Liaises with Supply Chain team to ensure continuity of the acquisition of goods and services
• Develop and implement category plans for low to medium complexity categories and contribute to those which are more complex
• Manages low to medium complexity sourcing projects and delivers agreed business results
• Supports the Category Manager on the execution of high complexity sourcing projects
• Advise on a suppliers suitability to fulfil its requirements and to assess its overall suitability
• Builds strong business relationships with suppliers and identifies opportunities for extending these
• Develop and implement Supplier management plans for medium complexity categories
• Operates as a single point of contact for all matters required by small stakeholder groups (e.g. School, Medical Centre, etc.) or projects where assigned by the Customer Relationship Lead
• Supports the Customer Relationship Lead on the development of category strategies and supplier management activities
• Communicates with Customer Relationship Leads and influences effectively project teams and key stakeholders
• Negotiates all types of agreements and manages negotiation teams
• Identifies and manages medium impact risks to the category, escalates high impact risks
• Coaches junior team members to develop new insights from analysis and leading to a deliver solid set of actionable recommendations
• Accountable for quality and timeliness of critical deliverables and communications
• Delivers targets and sustainable value for KAUST through managing and supporting sourcing and supplier relationship management initiatives.
| • Strong written and verbal communication. Able to communicate effectively with mid-level and senior stakeholders|
• Able to determine the actions, risks and end results required in order to get the job done
• Strong problem solving skills and techniques - able to understand and carry out spend analysis, draw out conclusions and fact-based decision making from this
• Excellent Knowledge of Procurement processes: Category Planning, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management and how to apply them in a diverse range of areas
• Strong desire to understand customer issues as relates to a category and on achieving results which add value for customers
• Ability to use e-procurement applications and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Extensive experience with Fidic Contracts
| • Ability to coach members of the Procurement team|
• Ability to lead a project team within their specialism
• Ability to think about and suggest ideas which add value to the customer through the category offering
• Ability to plan deliverables, milestone and sign-off points.
• Ability to schedule and monitor activities to achieve organizational goals
• Recognizes when to use different negotiation approaches and builds trusting relationships when resolving conflicts
• Successfully achieves results through persuasion and confident communication. Develops trust and uses logic, reasoning
| • Bachelor’s in a relevant subject. Master’s degree preferred.|
• Procurement Qualification is essential (e.g. MCIPS or relevant Masters)
| • A minimum of 6 years of experience in Procurement organizations with at least 3 years applicable experience in managing/leading multiple sourcing projects|
• Fluency in English
• Extensive experience with FIDIC Contracts
Category Manager, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
A position has become available within the Procurement department (based at Francis House) for a Category Manager. The role will involve delivering a strategic procurement service for the Business...
Manager, Corporate Services Finance (Procurement), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 8 hours ago
Manager, Corporate Services - Finance (Procurement) - 005ZX Description Job Purpose You will be a member of the procurement team in Finance Department to manage the procurement activities in The S...
Principal Contracts Administrator, American Institutes for Research, United States, about 19 hours ago
Principal Contracts Administrator Job ID 9385 Job Location US-DC Job Location United States Alternate locations .. Category Contracts & Legal More information about this job: Overview: Established...
Executive, Finance (Procurement), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
Executive, Finance (Procurement) - 0062N Description The Executive, Finance (Procurement) supports the department in procurement duties ensuring compliance with the College’s regulations and polic...
Contracts & Asset Manager, Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Are you the property and asset management guru we are looking for? Would you like to be part of the transformation of Property and Facilities management across MIT? At the Manukau Institute of Tec...
Project Manager Decor & Room (Junior), Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Seeking a role where you can utilise your artistic and creative flair? Are you a talented project manager with outstanding planning and organisation skills? Bring a strong project delivery focus t...