|The Category Specialist leads low to medium-complexity projects and supports the Category Manager and Customer Relationship Manager on the execution of high-complexity sourcing projects and supplier relationship management, working effectively along with stakeholders and other members of the Procurement team.|
| • Manages and processes Purchase Requisitions, including: order creation (PO), Supplier contact, order tracking, monitor goods/services reception and payment|
• Liaises with Supply Chain team to ensure continuity of the acquisition of goods and services
• Develop and implement category plans for low to medium complexity categories and contribute to those which are more complex
• Manages low to medium complexity sourcing projects and delivers agreed business results
• Supports the Category Manager on the execution of high complexity sourcing projects
• Advise on a suppliers suitability to fulfil its requirements and to assess its overall suitability
• Builds strong business relationships with suppliers and identifies opportunities for extending these
• Develop and implement Supplier management plans for medium complexity categories
• Operates as a single point of contact for all matters required by small stakeholder groups (e.g. School, Medical Centre, etc.) or projects where assigned by the Customer Relationship Lead
• Supports the Customer Relationship Lead on the development of category strategies and supplier management activities
• Communicates with Customer Relationship Leads and influences effectively project teams and key stakeholders
• Negotiates all types of agreements and manages negotiation teams
• Identifies and manages medium impact risks to the category, escalates high impact risks
• Coaches junior team members to develop new insights from analysis and leading to a deliver solid set of actionable recommendations
• Accountable for quality and timeliness of critical deliverables and communications
• Delivers targets and sustainable value for KAUST through managing and supporting sourcing and supplier relationship management initiatives.
| • Strong written and verbal communication. Able to communicate effectively with mid-level and senior stakeholders|
• Able to determine the actions, risks and end results required in order to get the job done
• Strong problem solving skills and techniques - able to understand and carry out spend analysis, draw out conclusions and fact-based decision making from this
• Excellent Knowledge of Procurement processes: Category Planning, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management and how to apply them in a diverse range of areas
• Strong desire to understand customer issues as relates to a category and on achieving results which add value for customers
• Ability to use e-procurement applications and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
| • Ability to coach members of the Procurement team|
• Ability to lead a project team within their specialism
• Ability to think about and suggest ideas which add value to the customer through the category offering
• Ability to plan deliverables, milestone and sign-off points.
• Ability to schedule and monitor activities to achieve organizational goals
• Recognizes when to use different negotiation approaches and builds trusting relationships when resolving conflicts
• Successfully achieves results through persuasion and confident communication. Develops trust and uses logic, reasoning
| • Bachelor’s in a relevant subject. Master’s degree preferred.|
• Procurement Qualification is essential (e.g. MCIPS or relevant Masters)
| • A minimum of 6 years of experience in Procurement organizations with at least 3 years applicable experience in managing/leading multiple sourcing projects|
• Fluency in English
Senior Category Manager, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Senior Category Manager King’s IFM provides fully managed services including procurement, equipment and the supply chain for diagnostic and treatment facilities for King’s College Hospital NHS Fou...
Category Manager, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Category Manager King’s IFM provides fully managed services including procurement, equipment and the supply chain for diagnostic and treatment facilities for King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, 6 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Business Coordinator I Posting Title Business Coordinator I System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department CHEMISTRY / ...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Business Coordinator I Posting Title Business Coordinator I System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY - COMMERCE (TAMUC) Department ...
Finance Manager – Financial Operations, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
An exciting new opportunity has arisen in the busy Finance team of this £100m turnover business. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the newly-created role of Finance Manager – Financial ...
21505 Purchasing System Administrator Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, about 8 hours ago
At Plant & Food Research we conduct research that adds value to fruit, vegetable, crop and food products. Our science and commercialisation supports the production of high quality produce and nove...