Genetics and Molecular Biology of Congenital Muscle Diseases
In a pioneering international initiative, Cornell University and Weill Cornell Medical College established the Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q) through a unique partnership with the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development and has been in operation since 2002.
The Neurogenetics Laboratory at WCM-Q seeks candidates for a postdoctoral associate position in Genetics and Molecular Biology of Congenital Muscle Diseases. We are a diverse group that studies the genetics, genomics, and molecular biology of monogenetic disorders with particular focus on those involving the central nervous system as well as the skeletal muscles.
- Perform molecular analysis of subjects’ genome sequencing data to identify the genetic cause underlying the heritable disorder clinically observed in the patients.
- Design and perform a variety of biological experiments to study the impact of gene mutations both at the in-vitro and cellular levels.
- Design and prepare constructs for the in-vitro studies and functional analysis.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory work records.
- Conduct literature reviews related to the genes and molecular pathogenesis of the disease’s phenotype under investigation.
- Handle basic work related to genetic research, including the extraction of good quality genetic materials, use of the freely available genetic, and variations analysis software.
- Prepare manuscript’s draft and figures for publications.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biology of Human Genetics, or in a closely related field.
- Prior in-depth experience with human genetics studies, molecular biology experiments [proved practical experience is essentially required].
- FACs analysis, co-immunoprecepitation, plasmid construction, ER and mitochondrial related functional studies, analysis of the genetic and sequencing data using available bioinformatics tools.
- Effective written and oral skills, including communication with others from different fields and backgrounds.
WCM-Q is located in Education City, among other American universities, in Doha, Qatar, which is a rapidly growing research hub. The WCM-Q research program offers a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment, endowed with a comprehensive support infrastructure. Details regarding the WCM-Q research program and facilities can be accessed at
The stipend offered is commensurate with experience. Fully furnished housing and a car allowance are also provided.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application, outlining their interest in the position, along with their curriculum vitae, which should include the names and contact details of three referees, to http://job.qatar-weill.cornell.edu
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Weill Cornell Medical College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/M/F/H/V)
Position As Lab Technician (Kc), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 19 hours ago
Research group The research group is located at Dept. of Medicine, Huddinge and Dept. of Cell and Molecular Biology, Solna. The group consists of a team of physicians and scientists focused on stu...
] Postdoctoral Associate In Cell And Molecular Biology (Department Of Animal Science – Laboratory Of Integrative Physiology); Ithaca, New York , , United States, 1 day ago
Postdoctoral Associate in Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory of Integrative Physiology Department of Animal Science College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) Cornell University The Labora...
Staff Research Associate 2, University of Nevada, Reno, United States, 34 minutes ago
Position Information Position Information Job Title Staff Research Associate 2 Department Pharmacology Department Web Address med.unr.edu/pharmacology Full Time Equivalent 1.0 Position Type Classi...
Postdoctoral Research Associate Biochemistry & Molecular Genetics (Job Id #79455), University of Illinois, United States, about 13 hours ago
Two Postdoctoral Research Associate positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Lester Lau in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics at the University of Illinois at Chicago (U...
Assistant/Associate/Senior Scientist, Indiana University Northwest, United States, about 9 hours ago
FACULTYPOSITION – MEDICALANDMOLECULARGENETICS INDIANAUNIVERSITYSCHOOL OF MEDICINE Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics The Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics at Indiana Universit...
] Instructor, , United States, 2 days ago
The University of Massachusetts Medical School and the Korostelev Lab in the RNA Therapeutics Institute invite applications for a non-tenure-track instructor position. We are seeking individuals w...