- Contribute to a variety of research projects across Scion
- Awesome work location on the edge of Rotorua's world famous Whakarewarewa Forest
- Innovative and exciting research in remote sensing
Scion specialises in research, science and technology development for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials. We lead new technology development for renewables, bioproducts and energy and the establishment of a broader based bio-economy.
You will join a team pioneering the application of remote sensing technologies in plantation forestry. Reporting to the Geomatics Research Leader, within our Forest Industry Informatics Team, you will:
- Investigate the utility of novel remote sensing technologies
- Write papers for high impact journals, predominantly in the remote sensing sphere
- Enable tech transfer to improve forestry management
- Make productive connections with industry and government stakeholders
- Provide technical support in multi-disciplinary teams
- Generate revenue through commercial contracts and research funding
What are we looking for?
- PhD or MSc in remote sensing or related field
- Strong capabilities in statistics, modelling and remote sensing
- Demonstrated quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills
- Science quality and research skills, evidenced by your publication record or industry impact
- Ability to plan and execute small to medium sized projects
We are home to creative science minds and have a vibrant culture ensuring employees can pursue innovation and excellence in their science delivery. People enjoy working in this team because we are highly collaborative, skilled professionals who work at the cutting edge of remote sensing research and deliver significant outcomes to the forestry sector. Scion is proud to offer:
- A great career that enables positive outcomes for New Zealand, Aotearoa;
- Continuous professional development;
- An enviable work environment with an enjoyable collaborative culture, and
- A demonstrated commitment to Good Employer/ EEO principles.
For further information and to apply online, please refer to our website: www.scionresearch.com .
Trades/Utilities Master Mech, William and Mary, United States, about 4 hours ago
High School graduate or equivalent. Valid driver’s license. Substantial experience in plumbing with significant experience in carpentry and electrical repairs. Must have considerable knowledge in ...
Postdoc In Models And Methods For The Integration Of Distributed Energy Resources, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
Apply no later than 15 April 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Compute by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Compute’s Sections for Dynamical Systems, invites applications for 2 - 3 Postd...
Research Technologist Ii Oncology Services Hospital Stem Cell Laboratory (Job Id #74411), University of Illinois, United States, about 22 hours ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: Bachelor’s Degree in biological, chemical, or medical sciences, (such as biology, pharmacology/toxicology, microbiology, chemistry, nutrition, physiolog...
Molecular Ecology Research Associate, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 2 days ago
Unitec is embarking on a major transformation programme to ensure we prosper in a new global operating environment - one that is continuously evolving due to technological developments, new ways o...
] Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Utc Iase, , United States, 18 days ago
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, UTC-IASE Position Summary The United Technologies Corporation Institute for Advanced Systems Engineering (IASE) at the University of Connecticut (UConn) solicit...
Asst Professor (Tenure Track), University of British Columbia, Canada, about 1 hour ago
The School of Audiology and Speech Sciences at the University of British Columbia invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor, tenure track in speech-l...