- Contribute to a variety of research projects across Scion
- Awesome work location on the edge of Rotorua's world famous Whakarewarewa Forest
- Innovative and exciting research in remote sensing
Scion specialises in research, science and technology development for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials. We lead new technology development for renewables, bioproducts and energy and the establishment of a broader based bio-economy.
You will join a team pioneering the application of remote sensing technologies in plantation forestry. Reporting to the Geomatics Research Leader, within our Forest Industry Informatics Team, you will:
- Investigate the utility of novel remote sensing technologies
- Write papers for high impact journals, predominantly in the remote sensing sphere
- Enable tech transfer to improve forestry management
- Make productive connections with industry and government stakeholders
- Provide technical support in multi-disciplinary teams
- Generate revenue through commercial contracts and research funding
What are we looking for?
- PhD or MSc in remote sensing or related field
- Strong capabilities in statistics, modelling and remote sensing
- Demonstrated quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills
- Science quality and research skills, evidenced by your publication record or industry impact
- Ability to plan and execute small to medium sized projects
We are home to creative science minds and have a vibrant culture ensuring employees can pursue innovation and excellence in their science delivery. People enjoy working in this team because we are highly collaborative, skilled professionals who work at the cutting edge of remote sensing research and deliver significant outcomes to the forestry sector. Scion is proud to offer:
- A great career that enables positive outcomes for New Zealand, Aotearoa;
- Continuous professional development;
- An enviable work environment with an enjoyable collaborative culture, and
- A demonstrated commitment to Good Employer/ EEO principles.
For further information and to apply online, please refer to our website: www.scionresearch.com .
Assistant Professor Of Forest Health And Fire Protection, Alabama A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
About Alabama A&M University : Alabama A&M University (AAMU), an 1890 Land-Grant institution located in the high-tech center of Huntsville in northern Alabama, invites applications for the positio...
] Faculty Position In Water Resources Stanford University, , United States, about 2 hours ago
FACULTY POSITION IN WATER RESOURCES Stanford University Stanford University, in conjunction with its Woods Institute for the Environment, seeks nominations and applications for a faculty appointme...
Budget Analyst Ii, W.A. Franke College Of Forestry And Conservation (Cfc), University of Montana, United States, about 9 hours ago
The Budget Analyst II within the W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation (CFC) is will provide financial guidance and support to the CFC, Montana Forest and Conservation Experiment Statio...
Modeling Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
Faculty of Science - AB Biodiversity Monitoring Institute Competition No. - S106132308 Posting Date - Mar 15, 2017 Closing Date - Mar 22, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Grant Fun...
Carpenter, Emory University, United States, 20 days ago
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs finish and rough carpentry services in the construction, renovation, repair, and maintenance of buildings. Performs concrete work such as forming, alterin...
Project Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
School of Public Health Competition No. - S109132255 Posting Date - Mar 09, 2017 Closing Date - Mar 22, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded Salary Range - $46,627 to ...