Closing date: to be announced
The Korea-New Zealand Agricultural Cooperation Scholarships (KNZACS) are jointly funded by the governments of the Republic of Korea and New Zealand, and are jointly administered by the Korea Agency of Education, Promotion and Information Services in Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (EPIS) and Education New Zealand (ENZ).
The KNZACS will give Korean students the opportunity to pursue post-graduate study in New Zealand in the fields of agriculture, forestry and fisheries. These scholarships will promote greater understanding between Korea and New Zealand, and strengthen the trade and economic relationship in these sectors.
The scholarship covers
•New Zealand University fees and associated student levies for duration of study
•Stipend of (NZD30,000 per year). This must also cover flights, medical and travel insurance
(mandatory) and accommodation.
Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria.
1. You must hold current citizenship of the Republic of Korea.
2. You must hold a minimum equivalent GPA of B+ in your most recent or highest tertiary qualification
3. You must conduct your study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
4. You must meet the requirements for direct entry into masters or PhD programmes (as relevant) at a New Zealand University, including having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
5. If you have already got admission into PhD studies at a New Zealand university starting in 2016, you are eligible to apply for the scholarship. However, your official start date must be after the final selection process – which will be August or September 2016. If you are shortlisted, you will also need to be able to attend an interview in Korea, at your own expense.
Applicants will be selected on the degree to which their proposed research will facilitate the establishment of closer co-operation between Korea and New Zealand by addressing one or more of the following:
•Enhancing the partnership aspects of the Free Trade Agreement and advancing closer collaboration in areas of mutual interest;
•Promoting understanding and strengthening of the trade and economic relationship in the agriculture, forestry or fisheries sectors; and
•Building upon existing agriculture and forestry co-operative arrangements between Korea and New Zealand aimed at;
i.Increasing co-operation in areas of mutual interest
ii.Facilitating trade and investment, including by exploring new opportunities in the agriculture, forestry or fisheries sectors
iii.Facilitating the role of research, science, technology and education in the agriculture, forestry or fisheries sectors
iv.Encouraging the important role of the private sector in promoting and building strategic alliances to encourage mutual growth and development; and
v.Promoting adherence to international rules and obligations.
•Application Form(in both Korean and English)
•Academic Transcripts and Certificates of Completion (in English)
•Credential Evaluation Report (in English)
•Proof of English Language Proficiency
•Academic References (x2)
•Provisional Supervision Form
•Evidence of (unconditional) offer of place at a New Zealand University
•Proof of Korean Citizenship
Before you apply
Access all documents at www.epis.or.kr or from www.mafra.go.kr
1. Check the KNZACS Eligibility Criteria and ensure you comply before going any further
2. Read the KNZACS Selection Criteria. Your proposed research must meet at least one of these criteria
3. Check that you can supply all required documents by the deadline for applications.
How to Apply
Download the application form and required documents from:
www.epis.or.kr or from www.mafra.go.kr
Application forms and all required documents must arrive at the EPIS Office by;
08 July 2016, no later than 1700hours, KST
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Catchment Modeller Niwa, NIWA, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Based in Hamilton, New Zealand Permanent, full-time NIWA is a dynamic research organisation whose purpose is to enhance the economic value and sustainable management of New Zealand's aquatic resou...
Trades Electrical Tutor, Waikato Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 4 hours ago
Centre for Trades About the role Wintec has constructed the most modern, innovative Engineering and Trades Training Centre in Australasia. We need your help to enable the learning of our present a...
Water Quality Technician Niwa, NIWA, New Zealand, 26 days ago
NIWA is New Zealand's leading natural resources and environmental science services provider, specialising in atmospheric, freshwater and marine research. Our purpose is to enhance the economic val...
Farm Services Officer Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, about 24 hours ago
The Organisation AgResearch is the Crown Research Institute tasked with delivering cutting-edge agricultural science and innovation to benefit the wider New Zealand economy. Our internationally-r...
Surveying Technician, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 13 hours ago
Unitec is embarking on a major transformation programme to ensure we prosper in a new global operating environment - one that is continuously evolving due to technological developments, new ways o...
Team Leader Knowledge Advisors Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, 12 days ago
Team Leader Knowledge Advisors The Organisation AgResearch is the Crown Research Institute tasked with delivering cutting-edge agricultural science and innovation to benefit the wider New Zealand ...