At Radboud University, we do research and teach programmes covering the full width of the academic spectrum. We do this on a green, modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities. The atmosphere on campus is open and personal, which stimulates colleagues to share their knowledge beyond the boundaries of their own discipline. It encourages all to look further, to see more. Thus, Radboud University contributes to the development of new perspectives. Within science and within society. This makes Radboud University successful and of international importance.
Faculty of Science
Maximum salary: € 4,757 gross/month
Vacancy number: 62.28.17
Application deadline: 21 May 2017
We are looking for a candidate whose research programme is centred on the application of modern neuroimaging techniques to uncover mechanisms for cognitive processes based on advanced theoretical and computational approaches. You have a strong focus on human neuroimaging, for instance, using MEG or EEG, and (f)MRI, potentially combined with experimental approaches involving animal models for cognition or translational research. Note that we will give higher priority to the originality and promise of your work, rather than to the subarea of specialisation.
We expect you to contribute to the training of undergraduate and graduate students of the Science Faculty as well as of students taking the Research Master’s degree programme of Cognitive Neuroscience offered by the Donders Institute. You are expected to possess, or otherwise willing to acquire, the basic university teaching qualification (BKO). The candidate should have demonstrated experience in the supervision of PhD students and non-academic technical personnel.
The position is ideally suited for a junior faculty member to be appointed at the assistant professor level, but experienced candidates with established research programmes, external funding and significant teaching experience may be considered for an appointment at the associate professor level.
The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour is a world-class interfaculty research centre, and houses more than 600 researchers devoted to understanding the mechanistic underpinnings of the human mind. The research in the Donders Institute is focused around four themes: 1. Language and communication, 2. Perception, action and control, 3. Plasticity and memory, and 4. Brain networks and neuronal communication. In 2013, the Donders Institute was assessed by an international evaluation committee as excellent and recognised as a ‘very stimulating environment for top researchers, as well as for young talent’.
You will be based at the Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging and will be embedded in the Donders Center for Neuroscience of the Science Faculty (Radboud University, Nijmegen, Netherlands). The Donders Institute possesses (amongst other resources) an MEG (CTF, 275 channels), three 3T MRI systems, plus a 7T whole body system based in nearby Essen, EEG laboratories, including a baby lab, NIRs, and TMS laboratories. All fully equipped and well supported. Scanning access to these facilities does not rely directly on the acquisition of third party funding. The Donders Institute fosters a collaborative, multidisciplinary, supportive research environment with a diverse international staff. English is the lingua franca at the Institute.
What we expect from you
- the qualities to become a successful research group leader;
- a collaborative, open attitude with excellent communication skills;
- proven ability to acquire research grants;
- a line of research that fits within one of the four themes of the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour;
- a PhD in systems neuroscience, neurobiology, cognitive neuroscience, or a related discipline;
- several years of postdoctoral research experience;
- proven expertise in cognitive neuroimaging in modalities (e.g. MRI, MEG, TMS, EEG) with a strong background in theoretical and computational approaches;
- established track and publication record in top-ranked scientific journals;
- teaching skills as evidenced by a basic university teaching qualification (BKO), or the willingness to acquire this certificate.
What we have to offer
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE;
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,757 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11);
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- starting salary will depend on experience;
- at the start of the tenure track you will be appointed as an Assistant Professor, Level 2 (salary scale 11). If your performance is evaluated positively at the end of your tenure track, you will be permanently appointed as an Assistant Professor, Level 1 (salary scale 12). If you are a more senior candidate, an Associate Professor (salary scale 13-14) profile may be applicable;
- duration of the contract: 6 years; your performance will be evaluated after 6 years. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be converted into a permanent contract;
- you will be classified as an Assistant Professor (UD) or Associate Professor in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions ?
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Would you like to know more?
Further information on: Donders Institute
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. Richard van Wezel, Scientific Director
Telephone: +31 24 3614247
Are you interested?
You should upload your application (attn. of Prof. Richard van Wezel) exclusively using the button 'Apply' below. Your application should include (and be limited to) the following attachment(s):
- CV including research statement and contact details of three references
- Motivation letter
For candidates that will be invited for interview: The first round of job talks is scheduled for 8th of June 2017.
For more information on your application: +31 24 3652131.
No commercial propositions please.
Practitioner Psychologist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
We are very excited to be recruiting a Practitioner Psychologist (full-time band 7) to contribute to the development and delivery of a new psychology service spanning the Dental Institute. This wi...
Staff Scientist: Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Research, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position Description: The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), is recruiting for a Staff Scientist to condu...
Highly Specialist Psychologist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
We are very excited to be recruiting a Senior Psychologist (0.6wte 8b) to support a newly recruited Consultant Psychologist to develop, lead, manage and plan the delivery of a new psychology servi...
Clinical Educator (Midwifery), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Clinical Educator / Midwife (0.6FTE) Permanent AUT is New Zealand's most contemporary university, with a unique profile reflecting our history and innovative approaches to teaching, learning and r...
Clinical Co Ordinator/Clinical Educator (Midwifery), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 24 hours ago
Clinical Co-ordinator/Clinical Educator(Midwifery) (0.8 FTE ) Permanent AUT is New Zealand's most contemporary university, with a unique profile reflecting our history and innovative approaches to...
Full Stack Web Developer For University Research Library, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
Apply no later than 28 May 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Library by completing the following form. Apply online - Are you a full-stack Open Source oriented developer of web-based solutions? - Is i...