17.04.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal
Within TUMCREATE, the team “Design for Autonomous Mobility” is investigating the future of urban mobility for responsive cities under a user-centric perspective in Singapore. For this activity, we are looking for a research associate that will explore user-centric mobility solutions and to investigate the benefits and issues of their implementation in Singapore. The gained insights and practical experience will provide an essential foundation for the academic research and publication activities that should lead to a PhD graduation.
Objectives & tasks:
The tasks include but are not limited to:
- Together with the team, analysis of innovative mobility solutions (autonomous driving, shared mobility concepts, on-demand services, etc.) in the context of responsive cities
- Development of evaluation methods for urban mobility solutions (based on behavioural analyses, models, complex system analysis, etc.)
- Design of urban mobility solutions for Singapore in 2030 considering the evolution of lifestyles, participatory struc-tures and technologies
- Derive a specific topic from the mentioned tasks and form a scientific question for a PhD thesis
- Cooperating with industrial and academic partners as well as contributing to management and activities of the team
- Defining, supporting and supervising the work of interns and students in the corresponding research areas
What we expect from you:
• Master’s degree in Industrial design, Urban Planning, Transportation Engineering or a related field
• Advanced skill and experience in complex system anal-ysis and/or evaluation methods
• Interest for social sciences like sociology, philosophy, ecology, psychology
• Excellent oral and written English is mandatory
• Self-motivated and independence of work
• Main working location in Singapore with reoccurring business trips and longer work stays in Germany
What we offer you:
• Personal development opportunities including pursuing a PhD degree
• Dynamic, young and self-defined work environment in the heart of Asia
• Work in an interdisciplinary and international team
• Continuous professional and personal development by joining the Graduate School program of the Technical University of Munich
• Attractive income and medical benefits
Senior Mobile Application Developer, Emory University, United States, 8 days ago
Job Description 2 YEAR FIXED-TERM POSITION The Library and Information Technology Services division of Emory University seeks an accomplished software engineer with significant mobile, web, and se...
Junior Instructional Designer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Junior Instructional Designer - 005K7 Description Job Purpose The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ Continuing and Professional Edu...
Cloud Solutions Engineer Iii (Lits), Emory University, United States, 14 days ago
Job Description The Cloud Solution Engineer works with faculty and their teams to develop and support cloud-based solutions utilizing Emory University’s Cloud framework, patterns, and services. Th...
Biometrician Forest Protection Research Scion, Scion, New Zealand, about 2 hours ago
Our Forest Protection team needs a Biometrician. This is a full-time, permanent position to be based in our Rotorua office. Scion specialises in research, science and technology development for th...
Professor Of Geography Education (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Professor of Geography Education (1.0 FTE) Functie Utrecht University seeks to appoint a new Professor with expertise in the field of Geographical Education Research. The Professor will (further) ...
1890 Extension Administrator, Alabama Cooperative Extension System, Alabama A&M University, United States, about 18 hours ago
About Alabama A&M University : Alabama A&M University was organized in 1875 as a result of an 1873 state bill that established a "State Normal School and University for the Education of the Colore...