School of Public Health
Competition No. - S109132319
Posting Date - Mar 17, 2017
Closing Date - Mar 29, 2017
Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded
Salary Range - $54,531 to $74,751 per year
Grade - 09
Hours - 35
This position has an end date of June 30, 2019 and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca .
We are looking for an individual to assist with the coordination and management of the professional development initiatives of the Career Development in Methods and Health Services Research Platform (CD Platform) of the Alberta Strategies for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) SUPPORT unit. The Alberta SPOR SUPPORT unit is funded by Alberta Innovates Health Solutions (AIHS) and by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), and aims to increase the quantity and quality of patient-oriented research that leads to improved patient health outcomes.
This Program Support Coordinator will support the development and expansion of the CD Platform, with specific responsibility for the planning and implementation of the annual Summer Institute (conference). This position requires an incumbent with an understanding of the management process and an ability to apply that understanding to ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget and to a high standard.
- Responsible for the project management and coordination of the Summer Institute (conference); develops and implements work plans to achieve project goals and deliverables; tracks milestones and timelines
- Works collaboratively with other CD Platform staff to coordinate, help develop and implement training and educational programs that meet priorities and objectives of multiple contributors
- Establishes and maintains good communication and working relationships with multi-sectoral stakeholders, potential partners and all Alberta SPOR stakeholders including other Alberta SPOR SUPPORT unit staff, AIHS, Strategic Clinical Networks, the Universities (Alberta, Calgary, Lethbridge and Athabasca), Alberta Health Services and Alberta Health
- Develops regular mechanisms of communication about CD Platform activities to stakeholders, including newsletters and progress reports
- Assists with evaluation of training activities and programs
- Maintains a database of partners and stakeholders for the CD Platform and keeps track of meetings, actions to be taken, and outcomes of actions
- Prepares/tracks/maintains contracts and Memorandum of Understanding with partners as required
- Prepares expenditure forecasts; conducts analyses to ensure optimal use of resources; identifies variances and recommends appropriate budget adjustments
- Master’s degree in health sciences, social sciences or related area preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered; minimum Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 3 years experience conducting health services research
- Experience in project management preferred; experience with conference/event planning is an asset
- Experience working independently in a complex and diverse research environment
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, organization, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working with provincial/national partners, researchers, universities and key health care organizations is an asset
- Must be open to learning and development, and be willing to accept new challenges and assignments
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of University core business systems is desirable
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Director Of External Relations, American Institutes for Research, United States, 1 day ago
Director of External Relations Job ID 9403 Job Location US-DC-Washington Job Location United States Alternate locations .. Category Communications/Marketing/Public Relations More information about...
Program Support Coordinator, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 10 days ago
Program Support Coordinator( Job Number: 0175253) Description Job Purpose: Coordinate and provide professional and administrative support for targeted programs and/or projects and unit initiatives...
Corporate Communications & Media Relations Executive, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 17 days ago
Corporate Communications & Media Relations Executive - 0066Y Description To support corporate communications and media publicity for news and publications related to research projects and accompli...
Senior Development Writer, Babson College, United States, 23 minutes ago
Senior Development Writer | | Posting Details Position Details Posting Number 43-2017 Posting Title Senior Development Writer Position Summary Information Job Description Summary The Senior Develo...
Etl Developer, University of Maryland, United States, 9 minutes ago
Position Summary/Purpose of Position: The ETL Developer will report directly to the Director, Decision Support Services (DSS) within the Division of Information Technology (DIT). This is an opport...
Knowledge Valorization Staff Member, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
The African Studies Centre Leiden (ASCL) is looking, for the Knowledge Platform on Inclusive Development Policies (INCLUDE), for a Knowledge Valorization Staff Member (0.6–0.8 FTE) Vacancy number ...