Learner Success Student Liaison
(Education Counsellor Aide)
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
SAIT supports student success and the advancement of knowledge through the department of Learner Services. From application to graduation, Learner Services provides resources and services designed to help students reach their full academic potential and foster lifelong learning. Through a diverse range of cultural, social, and on-campus activities, Learner Services offers students the opportunity to create memories that will last a lifetime.
We are currently recruiting a Learner Success Student Liaison for the Lamb Learner Success Centre. Reporting to the Manager, Learner Success Services, you will be responsible for overseeing the Peer Ambassadors and Leaders (PAL) program which includes overseeing the recruitment and training of student leaders and liaising with various program and service areas at SAIT. In addition, you will also be a liaison for prospective and current Bissett bursary recipients which includes providing outreach to prospective SAIT students pre-screened as eligible for the Bissett bursary as well as, working individually with Bissett bursary students once admitted to SAIT programs. In addition to having strong organization skills and attention to detail, you are a great communicator and have a demonstrated ability to collaborate and build relationships with others.
Note: This is a full-time temporary, benefits eligible position with an end date of June 30, 2019.
Peer Ambassadors and Leaders (PAL) Liaison
- Oversee the recruitment and training of student assistants and leaders for the PAL program
- Match student leaders with mentees or with service areas
- Ensure student leaders are following up with mentees and keeping records of contacts
- Address issues that arise with student leaders
- Ensure recognition of student leaders including payment of honorarium
- Liaise with different programs and service areas at SAIT
Bissett Bursary Students Liaison
- Provide outreach to prospective SAIT students pre-screened as eligible for the Bissett Bursary
- Be knowledgeable of SAIT programs, admission requirements and selection procedures
- Collaborate with high school counsellors to identify potential Bissett bursary applicants
- Work with United Way success coaches to identify potential applicants
- Assist potential Bissett bursary applicants with the bursary application process
- Liaise with SAIT admissions staff and academic chairs during the admission cycle
- Minimum Bachelor degree preferably in education, psychology, social work or adult learning
- Prior work experience in a post-secondary setting and knowledge of SAIT programs is an asset
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working with students who have learning barriers and difficulties
- Knowledge of learning theory and learning strategies
- Knowledge of career planning theory
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations and take detailed case notes
- Knowledge of basic counselling skills
- Demonstrated organization skills and initiative
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to exercise creativity in solving problems
- Ability to use independent judgment with a minimum amount of supervision
- Knowledge of community resources is an asset.
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process through the SAIT careers website or Workopolis.com . Online applications are strongly preferred.
Closing Date & Time: March 24, 2017 by 11:59PM MT.
If you have any questions about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system .
- SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education
Open Learning Faculty Member (Web) Hlth 4441: Population Based Mental Health Assessment And Intervention , Thompson Rivers University, Canada, 4 days ago
Application Restrictions Open to both Internal and external Job Type Open Learning Faculty Member Posting In effect from 21/7/2017 Closing Application Date 27/7/2017 OLFM Type Regular Continuous T...