Faculty of Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences
Competition No. - S108432291
Posting Date - Mar 16, 2017
Closing Date - Mar 23, 2017
Hourly Rate - $25.62 - $34.59
Grade - 07
Hours - 35
This position has a term length of 2 months.
The Faculty of Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences (ALES) is looking for a dynamic individual with a keen attention to detail and strong administrative skills to be a part of our Human Resources Team.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, The Human Resources Administrator will be responsible for providing general HR support alongside other HR Administrators. The areas of responsibilities include recruitment support, support for performance appraisals, payroll, preparation and administration of new employee offer packages, job fact sheet preparation, initiation of eforms and pay action forms, leave and statistical reporting for the Faculty. In addition, this position will be responsible for general administrative support of the Human Resources functions within ALES.
- Prepares confidential documents on behalf of the HR Manager and HR Administrators
- Schedules meetings and appointments as required
- Works collaboratively with Central Human Resource and Payroll Operations to sustain and improve, where required, communication for all processes
- Helps create and maintain the filing system and document retention pertaining to the areas of immediate responsibility, ensures FOIP compliance as necessary
- Assists in the recruitment process for Support Staff and Academic/APO Staff vacancies which includes, but not limited to: preparing offer letters, creating job postings, maintaining recruitment files, preparing interview packages, booking spaces, etc.
- Prepares and processes Pay Action Forms (PAF) and all payroll related forms, including scholarships and awards ensuring payroll deadline dates are met
- Maintains position information and organizational charts
- Coordinates relocation activities; assists with immigration paperwork and submission
- Inputs overtime reporting, employee leave records and leave balances; generates the audit report for review and sign off by the HR Coordinator
- Enters semi-monthly payroll for the Faculty; reconciles payroll and initiates corrections/recoveries/investigations, as needed
- Performs an annual reconciliation of vacation leaves for each employee, ensures department records reconcile to PeopleSoft records
- Resolves first level staff inquiries regarding payroll and benefits issues or refers staff to appropriate contacts
- Ensures that performance appraisal forms are distributed to all supervisors/managers prior to the due date; follows up on performance appraisals that have not been submitted
- Assists supervisors and Support Staff with completion of evaluation forms as requested
- Minimum High School Diploma; post-secondary education with a focus in human resources or business is an asset; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Previous Human Resources and Payroll experience at the University of Alberta, or in a post-secondary setting or other large unionized organization is strongly desired
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to clearly present information through strong (verbal and written) communication
- Experience with PeopleSoft is an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Hr Specialist (Employment), William and Mary, United States, 10 days ago
We are seeking qualified applicants to join our dynamic and fast paced HR Team. The Office of Human Resources provides services to the College of William & Mary (W&M) and Virginia Institute of Mar...
Hr & Payroll Coordinator, University of Maryland, United States, 7 days ago
Position Summary/Purpose of Position: The HR Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day activities that enable the College of Information Studies to recruit, hire, welcome, support, develop, an...
Management Assistant Officer, Scale (Corporate Services), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
Senior Manager/Manager, HR Partnering (2 Yr Contract) - 00682 Description You will partner and support the line business heads / managers to manage, in a proactive and consultative approach, a ful...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, 18 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Business Coordinator I Posting Title Business Coordinator I System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department VETERINARY I...
Business Administrator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Business Administrator I Posting Title Business Administrator I System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department AA CENTR...
Senior Human Resources Associate In Development & Alumni Relations, Emory University, United States, 6 days ago
Job Description All interested candidates must include a cover letter when applying. JOB DESCRIPTION: Functions as a human resources professional with expertise in multiple human resources special...