Faculty of Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences
Competition No. - S108432291
Posting Date - Mar 16, 2017
Closing Date - Mar 23, 2017
Hourly Rate - $25.62 - $34.59
Grade - 07
Hours - 35
This position has a term length of 2 months.
The Faculty of Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences (ALES) is looking for a dynamic individual with a keen attention to detail and strong administrative skills to be a part of our Human Resources Team.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, The Human Resources Administrator will be responsible for providing general HR support alongside other HR Administrators. The areas of responsibilities include recruitment support, support for performance appraisals, payroll, preparation and administration of new employee offer packages, job fact sheet preparation, initiation of eforms and pay action forms, leave and statistical reporting for the Faculty. In addition, this position will be responsible for general administrative support of the Human Resources functions within ALES.
- Prepares confidential documents on behalf of the HR Manager and HR Administrators
- Schedules meetings and appointments as required
- Works collaboratively with Central Human Resource and Payroll Operations to sustain and improve, where required, communication for all processes
- Helps create and maintain the filing system and document retention pertaining to the areas of immediate responsibility, ensures FOIP compliance as necessary
- Assists in the recruitment process for Support Staff and Academic/APO Staff vacancies which includes, but not limited to: preparing offer letters, creating job postings, maintaining recruitment files, preparing interview packages, booking spaces, etc.
- Prepares and processes Pay Action Forms (PAF) and all payroll related forms, including scholarships and awards ensuring payroll deadline dates are met
- Maintains position information and organizational charts
- Coordinates relocation activities; assists with immigration paperwork and submission
- Inputs overtime reporting, employee leave records and leave balances; generates the audit report for review and sign off by the HR Coordinator
- Enters semi-monthly payroll for the Faculty; reconciles payroll and initiates corrections/recoveries/investigations, as needed
- Performs an annual reconciliation of vacation leaves for each employee, ensures department records reconcile to PeopleSoft records
- Resolves first level staff inquiries regarding payroll and benefits issues or refers staff to appropriate contacts
- Ensures that performance appraisal forms are distributed to all supervisors/managers prior to the due date; follows up on performance appraisals that have not been submitted
- Assists supervisors and Support Staff with completion of evaluation forms as requested
- Minimum High School Diploma; post-secondary education with a focus in human resources or business is an asset; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Previous Human Resources and Payroll experience at the University of Alberta, or in a post-secondary setting or other large unionized organization is strongly desired
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to clearly present information through strong (verbal and written) communication
- Experience with PeopleSoft is an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Executive Director Human Resources And Office Of Institutional Equity Fort Wayne, Purdue University Fort Wayne, United States, about 10 hours ago
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne invites applications for the position of Executive Director of Human Resources and Office of Institutional Equity. This position is the University'...
Human Resource And Payroll Specialist (Administrative Specialist 3), Ucp 5 Revised & Reposted, University of Connecticut, United States, about 3 hours ago
The University of Connecticut College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (CAHNR) is seeking applications for a Human Resource (HR) and Payroll Specialist (Administrative Specialist 3/UCP...
Hr Coordinator Ii Senior Benefits Coordinator, University of North Texas, United States, 13 days ago
* This position is open only to internal candidates in the System Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Coordinator II (Senior Benefits Coordinator) is responsible for supporting a campu...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Business Coordinator I Posting Title Business Coordinator I System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department VETERINARY I...
Assistant Director, Benefit Services, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Assistant Director, Human Resources Posting Title Assistant Director, Benefit Services System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TA...
Human Resources Generalist Human Resources & Office Of Institutional Equity Fort Wayne, Purdue University Fort Wayne, United States, 22 days ago
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne invites applications for the position of Human Resources Generalist for Human Resources & Office of Institutional Equity. As part of the HR and OIE...