The University of Sydney
Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) PhD Research Scholarship
The Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) Unit at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney and Sydney Vital Translational Cancer Research Centre are offering a full time scholarship for a Doctor of Philsophy (Medicine) student at the University of Sydney commencing 2017 or 2018.
1. Applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission for full time studies in the Doctor of Philosophy (Medicine) program at the University of Sydney commencing in 2017 or 2018.
2. Applicants must be willing to undertake research in a field of research that includes, but is not limited to:
- Prognostic biomarkers in pancrearic cancer - IHC, proteomics, metabolomics,
- Role of pancreatitis in adverse outcomes following pancreatic surgery,
- Neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in resectale pancreatic cancer,
- Nutrition and quality of life in pancreatic cancer, or
- Immune therapy in pancreatic cancer.
3. Applicants must hold a Honours degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) and/or medical degree recognised in Australia.
4. Applicants must be Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, New Zealand citizens or international applicants eligible for a visa.
The scholarship will provide a stipend allowance of $35,000 per annum for up to one year, subject to satisfactoryacademic performance. The recipient may apply for an extension and this may be available if funds are available.
For further information on this scholarship please see the Scholarship Flyer and Terms and Conditons.
To apply for this scholarship please complete the Application Form.
20 August 2017Back
Pre Assessment Nurse, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
HPB Pre-operative Assessment Nurse – Band 6 Full time (37.5 hours per week) Fixed Term – 12 months The Liver Unit in King’s College Hospital is a dynamic, ever changing and progressive Unit. The L...
Cardiac Disease In Pregnancy: The Australian Centre For Population And Public Health Research Doctoral Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Expressions of interest are open for a PhD Scholarship to work on a longitudinal study at the University of Technology Sydney. This study draws on a strong network of researchers and clinicians ac...
Bankwest Foundation / Governance Institute Financial Analysis For Officers And Directors September 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Scholarship Overview The Bankwest Foundation scholarships are valued at $585 each and will be offered to WA-based board members and senior professionals of charitable not-for-profit organisations ...
Patient Pathway Coordinator, University Hospital Southampton, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen with the surgical care group for 2 patient pathway coordinators. A fixed term post for 9 months, with a potential for a further 3 month extension, and a permanen...
Bankwest Foundation / Icda Diploma Of Business (Governance) October 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Scholarship Overview The Diploma of Business (Governance) is Australia's only currently approved diploma-level governance qualification. This qualification is recognised nationally and will provid...
Clinical Theatre Recovery Co Ordinator, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Inpatient Theatres at Kings’ College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (King’s, Denmark Hill) is seeking experienced, self-motivated, dynamic and assertive Recovery / HDU trained Registered Nurse or H...