If you are applying to study or migrate to English speaking country and you are not an English native speaker, you are required to take a standardized English test such as TOEFL or IELTS. TOEFL is a globally recognized English test in many countries. There are no pass or fail results for TOEFL tests but many colleges or universities require you to get a minimum TOEFL score to get in.
Having good TOEFL preparation books will help you a lot in achieving good TOEFL results. Below are list of top 10 TOEFL preparation books:
- Official Guide to the TOEFL Test With CD-ROM, 4th Edition (Official Guide to the Toefl Ibt), McGraw-Hill, 4 edition (August 8, 2012), 653 pages:
- Official TOEFL iBT Tests with Audio (McGraw-Hill's TOEFL iBT), McGraw-Hill,1 edition (November 20, 2012), 460 pages
- 400 Must-Have Words for the TOEFL, McGraw-Hill; 2 edition (December 20, 2013), 256 pages
- Barron's TOEFL iBT Superpack, Barron's Educational Series; 2 edition (April 1, 2013), 1200 pages
- Kaplan TOEFL iBT with CD-ROM, Kaplan Publishing, 416 pages
- Practice Exercises for the TOEFL with Audio CDs (Barron's Practice Exercises for the Toefl), Barron's Educational Series; 7 edition (July 1, 2011), 576 pages
- Cracking the TOEFL iBT with CD, 2014 Edition, Princeton Review, 560 pages
- Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test: The Paper Test, Pearson Education ESL; Longman's version edition (March 11, 2004), 641 pages
- Speaking and Writing Strategies for the TOEFL iBT (Book & Audio CD), Nova Press; Pap/Com St edition (September 1, 2010), 394 pages
- Essential TOEFL Vocabulary (flashcards) (Test Preparation), Princeton Review; Crds edition (December 29, 2009), 550 pages
This best and most reliable TOEFL book comes from ETS (Educational Testing Service) - the people who make the TOEFL tests. It includes 600 real TOEFL questions for practice, as well as explanations of every section of the test and information on what is expected for every speaking and writing task. You will learn how to construct a good answer and how to integrate speaking, listening, and writing skills to demonstrate college-level English proficiency. It also includes a CD-ROM with 3 authentic TOEFL iBT practice tests.
Official TOEFL iBT Tests with Audio contains five actual retired TOEFL test forms with authentic TOEFL reading, listening, speaking, and writing questions. Each form includes an answer key and complete audio transcripts. You also get audio for all the listening passages of the tests, provided on the accompanying audio CD. This book includes more than 300 real TOEFL questions from the test-makers, audio for all test listening sections on CD-ROM and test results worksheets to record your progress and improvement from test to test.
400 Must-Have Words for TOEFL is specially designed to help you master the core vocabulary and basic written and spoken language skills required to do well on the TOEFL and pursue a course of study at a North American school, or a school with an English-language curriculum. Based on the authors' years of experience as ESL teachers and their rigorous review of past exams, this book offers proven vocabulary-building activities and exercises. The book covers 400 words in key categories, including food, computers, society, history, finance, politics, friendship, science, the arts, and more.
This is a complete pack of 2 books and 10 CDs for 8 tests. It includes 8 full-length model TOEFL iBT tests with explanations or examples for all questions, including sample essays and speaking responses. Test-takers also get a general orientation to the TOEFL iBT, a review of required academic skills, and a language skills review that covers listening, speaking, reading, and writing in academic English.
This book includes 4 full-length practice tests on CD-ROM with detailed answer explanations, focused practice for each section of the test, listening practice on CD-ROM with complete transcripts in the book, exclusive score-raising tips and strategies for each language skill ( Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking) and effective study tips for advanced ESL students.
This book has more than 1,000 practice questions cover all TOEFL question types, one practice TOEFL iBT and one practice TOEFL PBT reflect the actual TOEFL tests in length, format, and degree of difficulty and practice tests come with instructions to help you determine your test score.
This books includes 1 full-length simulated TOEFL iBT with accompanying audio sections on CD, expert subject reviews for core concepts, practice drills for the Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing sections, detailed answer explanations for the practice test and all drills, step-by-step strategies & techniques for every section of the exam and comprehensive grammar review to brush up on the basics.
The Student Book includes complete language skills instruction for skills tested on both the TOEFL® paper test and the Test of Written English, longer reading passages that reflect the latest testing format, diagnostic pre-tests and evaluation post-tests for each section that allow students to identify their strengths and weaknesses, practice exercises for each of the language skills that maximize understanding and retention and 5 complete Practice Tests that familiarize students with the actual test format and timing. The CD-ROM includes additional 1,450 test questions in both practice sections and three more simulated tests.
This books provide practical strategies for TOEFL speaking and writing tests in areas: argument development, argument mapping and scoring strategies.
This covers 500 essential vocabulary words to help you boost your TOEFL score.